Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 8, 2013.

1. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hi Vladimir, welcome ;)

2. delba

Hi EEBrown,

nice background. We need talented problem solver in our community ;) Welcome!

3. teclasorg

teclasorg New Member

Hello,
    my name is Daniel and I am teacher. I live in Malaga, Spain and I am happy becouse I use now my new Udoo :D

4. delba

Hi Daniel, welcome in our community :)

5. playinmyblues2

playinmyblues2 New Member

Hi. My name is Bruce and I am an electronics hobbyist and am working on integrating webpages and electronics. Music and photography are also interests of mine that I will be working on integrating into my webpages, oh yes, and apps.

6. marcwolf

marcwolf New Member

Hi Folks
    I do special effects as a hobby and am working on a couple of projects that include computer vision.

Sometimes you will have animatronic costumes like werewolves and dragons where the character has to interact with the public on an ad-hoc basis. To keep the illusion that the character is real it would be great to get some kind of lip synchronisation between the actor (wearer?) and the character.

To do this I paint some small reference dots on the actors lips, and then use a small camera to follow the movements of the dots to translate this into servo positions.

In total there are 9 dots. One blue reference just under the nose, 4 green at the upper/lower/left/right point of the lips, and 4 yellow midway between the green to catch the lips shapes.

The UDOO looks perfect as it can do the following

1. Run Arduino code separately as I have other sensors that can be hooked up to the Arduino as well as servo's
    2. Run OpenCV and SimpleCV for processing the image information in Linux
    3. Have a fast camera interface instead of the USB/Webcam which is limited by speed.
    4. The UDOO has a quad core sI have been doing some of my experiments with a hacked quad core RK3188 unit, but have run into issues re cameras.

If I can process 2 or 3 frames a second then I will be very happy :)
    The Raspberry Pi is too slow, and the same with the Beagleboardblack. The RK3188 is a hacked TV stick that has limited I/O capabilities.

Looking forward to monitoring the board and asking questions before finally ordering. I have some simple tests if someone can help me run them to compare speed.

Many thanks
    Marc

7. delba

Hi Bruce, welcome. ;)

8. delba

Hi Marc,

UDOO is much faster than a RaspberryPi so you shouldn't have any problems at all. Looking forward to answer your questions. Welcome.

9. vijaylohan

vijaylohan New Member

hi,
    this is vijay lohan. i am from india.
    it is great to know we have such type to development board for DIY project.

10. fatpixellin

fatpixellin New Member

Hi. I'm Filippo.
    I'm based in Italy, Veneto, Castelfranco Veneto.
    Web Developer and elettronic hobbyst, i'm very happy because my udoo quad is here.

11. delba

Hi to vijaylohan and fatpixellin, welcome.

12. lbingham

lbingham New Member

Hi all
    My name is Lenn - I am in Beaumont, Alberta Canada - just a touch south of Edmonton Alberta.
    I Just received notice that my Udoo is in transit and is expected here in the next few days.

I work in the IT industry with packaged software only. I have been using the Arduino and R-Pie for the last year or so just for fun. The Udoo will add to that fun area - I plan on doing a wack of projects with this - media centre, gps tracking, parking assist, weather monitoring, travel companion - the BACK UP backup NAS sound great too.

Looking forward to this experience.

Lenn

13. n4nln

n4nln New Member

"mo" here - that's pronounced as two letters - "em oh". that's been my Unix login name since 1978.
    n4nln is my ham call which is globally unique and long enough to not cause much trouble.
    i am interested in the udoo as a possible signal processing platform - both for music and possibly an SDR platform.
    the udoo quad looks to have quite a bit more go-fast than the R-Pi. Now that i have my udooQ the adventure can commence.

14. fayelund

fayelund New Member

Introducing again. Old account dissapeared from the forums.
    From Norway, kickstarter backer. IT-professional.
    Has a Udoo quad, currently used for xbmc.

15. delba

Hi Lenn, welcome :)

Feel free to discuss and post discussions about your projects and issues you may encounter.

16. delba

Hi n4nln, welcome in our community ;)

17. delba

Sorry to hear that fayelund. Hope this time everything will go as smoothly as possible. Welcome again.

18. 135rtankermech

135rtankermech New Member

Good evening from Oklahoma. My proffessional background includes working as an aircraft mechanic on the KC-135. Am very into learning anything about linux. I was mislead for many years thinking windows based PCs were it and nothing else was out there. Im certainly into Apple Macs as our daily systems at home. I accidentally got interested in Linux. I love it! Ive downloaded many distros and am using Linuxmint 16 right now on an external hardrive with my iMac. Got even more interested in Raspberry Pi and bought one for Christmas. Its awesome but I am looking into purchasing something from udoo because I am hooked! Wish me luck and I love it.

19. delba

Hi 135rtankermech, welcome in our community (and good luck ;)

20. apiram.andrea

apiram.andrea New Member

Hi I'm apiram. I'm dad of two young daughters who want a lovely and smart PC/ROBOT built by their father......I need help,...a lot ! I started buying a quadcore udooo... then... :roll: