Ridiculously new to all this, please help

Discussion in 'Android' started by music-surf, Dec 22, 2013.

1. music-surf

music-surf New Member

I am as much a newb as one can be when it comes to the world of sbc's and programming. I have what will probably seem to many as a basic question and I know I'm probably doing something wrong. I was able to get ubuntu 12.04 up and running without issue and realized that it wasn't going to meet my needs , so I formatted my sd card and put the image on for Android. The image loaded no problem, but when I put the sd card in the board and plug it in, I am just getting a boot loop. The android logo will come up for a second or two and then cut out, repeating until finally the screen just stays blank. I have tried formatting and reloading the image to the sd several times on 2 different (but same brand Sandisk Ultra class 10) to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. maurizio

maurizio Administrator

Hi,
    trying to make these checks:
    - Hdmi cable properly inserted
    - Monitor is turned on before boot UDOO, otherwise Android does not recognize the monitor
    - Disconnect the ethernet cable before booting, it could cause problems if it dosen't find the connection
    - the image is the latest version of Android (http://www.udoo.org/downloads/) and is for your board Dual or Quad

3. music-surf

music-surf New Member

Thanks for your reply, all of that had been checked multiple times. I'll keep plugging away and trying to figure it out.

4. music-surf

music-surf New Member

So I have loaded Ubuntu 12.04 back onto the cards and it works without issue. I have tried loading the quadcore version of android several times again and it never boots. It just does the same thing it has been. Just out of curiousity I loaded the dual core version and it didn't boot at all. Is there any possibility there is a problem with board? I haven't seen any mention of anyone else having similar problems. Also, I ran the debug and everything looks normal, android just goes into a boot loop every time.

5. tararasss

tararasss New Member

I have the same problem. I opened a ticket. Yet Understand, but the decisions are not made​​.

6. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

music-surf, this is an issue we're aware of and we're trying to replicate in our lab. I'll let you know once we detected and solved the problem. In the meanwhile open a ticket, as tararasss did, explaining your issue. http://www.udoo.org/customer-care/

7. music-surf

music-surf New Member

So, I tabled my UDOO for quite a while and happily saw there is a new version of Android up. Unfortunately my board has the exact same issue as before and it just loops the boot screen. I guess I'm pretty much done with this thing as I can't even get Android to run properly. Nice board, but it's just not working out for me.

8. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member