Udoo Quad will not boot

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ray, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray New Member

Since receiving my udoo quad I have been unable to boot it up. The green light goes on when power is applied 12v 1A smp. and 12v 20A I have flashed Ubuntu and Debian OS onto three band new micro SD cards both class 4 and class 10. all FAT32. There is no video to the monitor (Liliputt) and no reading when monitoring the USB port. On the face of it , it looks as if the board is not functioning. grateful you comments/solution. Ray L

2. miousername

miousername New Member

Hi,

Have you check that jumper configuration is correct?

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

when you say no reading when monitoring the USB port, does that mean you are using a terminal program and monitoring the serial output interface?

4. EBrown

EBrown New Member

I had this issue as well. I was told to "open a ticket", so I did (12/12/2013 5:37 am), and have received no response since then. It seems that a fair amount of the i.MX6 Quads are defective, and it's taking quite some time for Seco to replace the boards. (It's been ten days since I opened my ticket, though four of those were weekends, so six business days and no response.)

My device refused to boot, when I plugged a cable into each Micro-USB port, I received a connection signal on the OTG port, but not the other one. No serial information either. (Wasn't even recognized in Windows, even with that driver.)

Thanks,
    EBrown

5. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Same issue here too...

Brand new UDOO-Quad, and won't boot no matter what. Followed the FAQ debugging guide and steps on forum posts, but to no avail. It appears there was no testing done on quite a few of the original boards. If tested, they could've seen that failure rates were quite high on the Quads. Hope the replacement boards will be tested prior to shipment, so we wouldn't have to go through this frustrating process again...

It is interesting to note that a much less expensive ($45) BeagleBone Black goes through a more rigorous test process, ensuring a shipped board is more likely to work off the bat... Here's a nice video showing that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... cqQvH41OR4

Filed a ticket yesterday. Looks like I'll have to wait for quite a while for a replacement. bummer... :(

/venkat

6. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

EBrown, we replied to your ticket in our customercare system. Best regards

7. Ray

Ray New Member

Thanks for the replies. The jumper positions are same as when the board was delivered, and have not been changed. I used Tera Term to monitor the USB port activity . As far as I can see The board is faulty, that being the case how do I arrange for a replacement. Ray L

8. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried to follow our troubleshooting guide? http://www.udoo.org/faq-items/why-my-udoo-wont-boot/

If you did that and nothing has changed please open a ticket here: http://www.udoo.org/customer-care/ selecting RMA as Help topic and telling that you already did the troubleshooting procedure and just want to return your faulty UDOO.