Standby power consumption and 2.5/3.5 inch HDD in metal case?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Barfoos, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Barfoos

Barfoos New Member

Hi, I can't find any info on the standby power consumption.

I'm also interested in a metal case that has enough space to fit a 2.5 or, preferably, a 3.5 inch SATA-drive. Are there any plans for a bigger metal case or do you rely on 3rd-party manufacturers and the makers themselves to create cases for the bolt?

2. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

There is power consumption information in this KickStater update.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I guess idle power is somewhat higher than standby power, but it's pretty low. According to this April 11, 2019 KickStater update, Bolts are shipping, so perhaps someone who has received one can provide the standby power information.
    Have you seen the case in this Kickstarter update? It appears to have been designed to accommodate a conventional (non M.2) SSD or HDD.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Laura likes this.
  3. Barfoos

Barfoos New Member

Hi, thanks for your reply and the information on the power consumption.

I have seen the metal case, but I am not sure where the 2.5" drive should go, apart from maybe the free space between the Udoo and the base plate?

4. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

Since that appears to have mounting holes that look like they would be suitable for a 2.5” Device I expect that is exactly where it is expected to go. However until I get my Bolt I am just guessing.

5. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

I tested the board without major accessories (ext SSD, etc.) and the measurement is:
    1. applying power (20V) but not pressing the power button: 10mA (0.2 W)
    2. I then powered up the machine (in my case Win10), then shut it down, the power consumption is now: 6mA (0.12W)

6. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hello, we're happy to announce that we’ve published the online documentation at this link https://www.udoo.org/docs-bolt/Introduction/Introduction.html. Here you can find more info on the case and other accessories.

Also, if you'd like to know more about the case, we have this handy Youtube video starring one of my colleagues showing you the case in its full glory.

Let us know if we can help you any further