Bolt DOA?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Annoyed, Apr 16, 2019.

1. elDaz_2

elDaz_2 New Member

yes my 3 ram modules are 1.2 volt. I will go out tomorrow and buy the power adapter you recommended. Pretty sure my problem is power related.

2. sugarcube

sugarcube New Member

Same.

3. elDaz_2

elDaz_2 New Member

Do you use a USB-C PD power supply ?

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Sorry another silly question...

Did you push the DDR4 SODIMM all the way in?
    I.e., let both the locking latches in open potion and push the SODIMM in
    until the latches got moved to upright position and their protrusion fit the notches into the side of SODIMM?

5. elDaz_2

elDaz_2 New Member

I can confirm that it was a USB PD problem. I got the Model Luxa2EnerG 65W Universal Adapter suggested by Chad Ringstrom and it working now :D

Chad Ringstrom likes this.
  6. sugarcube

sugarcube New Member

My bolt works too, now.
    Thank you for the information.

elDaz_2 likes this.
  7. Kadel

Kadel New Member

I had a similar problem in the beging when I first tried to power the board with the USB-C - my first time ever. The yellow light goes on an after a few seconds it goes off again. Also pressing the button made it green to go out a few seconds later. Connected were only RAM, hdmi, keyboard and mouse on USB and the USB-C power supply.
    I don‘t know exactly what I did, but inserted only one RAM module, the other one and then both again and also used a power supply with the standard plug... and with this and both modules the bios was shown on the screen. Then I powerd off and I used the USB-C power and also the system stared.
    Since then it works fine, I only have a few problem when I made a restart because of testing new systems with the „nomodeset“ on start when the screen stays blank withou this and I pressed the start button for a few seconds to shut it down. Then sometimes the system donˋt start again with USB-C, also with deconnecting everything from power... interesting was turning the USB-C connector by 180 degree and it starts again - but that I donˋt understand, and might be not important...

8. Stefano Tognon

Stefano Tognon UDOOer

Same problem: green led on for 5,5second, then orange for 0.1sec and no video output and fan always on.

I use 8x2 Crucial Ram that other find that work and direct power supply of 65W (DTK) made for HP pavillion notebook.

If I remove the memory modules, the led is always green instead.

9. Stefano Tognon

Stefano Tognon UDOOer

I try another direct power supply of 65W and in this case, the fan is off, the green led is on for 4s, then for 0.1s it comes orange and during this time the fan try to start.
    This go ahead for 4 or 5 times, then fan start to go and it comes to the usual 5,5s of green led and 0.1s of orange led with fan always on.