Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, May 8, 2013.

1. andrewhennessy

andrewhennessy New Member

Hi I'm Andrew Hennessy A student In Atlanta Ga interested in technology, 3d printing, and the physical world intertwined with the digital world. I have been tinkering with things since I was 4 years old playing pinball in an old restaurant. I am interested in using the UDOO for embedded robotics with high powered traxxas Rc Equipment. I also am looking forward to making embedded apps to control servos solenoids and accept feedback from other sensors. I am deeply involved in the Arduino and Raspberry pi Communities and Admire people who take the initiative to make ground breaking products to not only have fun but enrich lives of my self and others. I enjoy robotics with my schools first robotics team FRC #2415 and have spoken at TEDxKids@BC. Search me on youtube. I am pre-ordering my board and cant wait to have it arrive on my doorstep.

2. Rob Napier

Rob Napier New Member

Hi Everyone

I'm Rob Napier from Brisbane, Australia.

I built my first computer from a kit out of a computer magazine almost 40 years ago. All shift registers and gates.

I was heavily into micro development in the 80s (2650, Z80+, 9900, SC/MP and IMP, 6800+, 6502 and 8008+). Most of them are long gone.

Developing early network technologies, operating systems and ROM-based apps.

My work took other directions – mostly developing web technologies. Now I have the time to get back to my roots, with more of a focus on hardware and software engineering.

When I'm not writing documentation for LNG projects, I'd like to be able to contribute to a community project that gets back to the aspirations and excitement of that time.

I hope there are opportunities to help.

Rob

3. bronxnua

bronxnua New Member

Hi there My name is Nua.. I am from NY.

I have a question if anyone knows.. are USB 3.0 USB Hubs going to be recognized by Udoo quad?

4. zhijiewang

zhijiewang New Member

Hi all,

This is Zhijie, an current freshman in U. Pitt Robotic Club. I am majored in CS. I am really interested in this UDOO.
    I know this product is in development mode or production mode, but I would like to have more detail about the specification before I buy one.

5. DonGateley

DonGateley New Member

I'm obviously Don Gateley. Been looking for a while for a platform on which to build an audio processor with novel capabilities. I want to find out if UDOO is applicable.

6. Mozer

Mozer New Member

ok time to introduce myself as well :)

I am Rob and I live in the Netherlands. I just got my degree in aviation technician mechanical and as a hobby I always liked the mess around with all kinds of stuff electrical and/ or mechanical, I'm always busy with all different kinds of projects/ building all kind of things. I got a few ideas what I would like to do with the UDOO and as soon as I got something cool to show I will share it on this form with the rest of you:)
    Besides that I plan on becoming an active member of this community and help people with their projects :) I just hope I get my UDOO soon to get started! =D

cheers!

7. mkopack

mkopack Member

They should work, but as 2.0 hubs, so long as your USB hub is backwards compatible... ie: you're not going to get 3.0 speeds...

8. gjtjx

gjtjx New Member

Hi Everyone!!I'm JieTian Guo from The Peoples Republic of China,My interest is machine learning,image recognition technique and Intelligent video monitor ,now I want to make a Intelligent detect on my bicycle to detect vehilce and pedestrian ,so I choose udoo.Anyone in common? :D

9. arturofm

arturofm New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm from Galicia, in Spain. I'm IT administrator, but nowadays I'm working as PHP Developer.

10. redso

redso New Member

Hello everyone!

My name is Dipta, currently studying in CMU majoring in Master of Robotics.
    even though I am quite familiar with Arduino and AVR microcontroller programming, UDOO is basically new for me!
    I love to build robot and this is what I am working on currently.
    Hoping to learn much from all of you!

Cheers
    Dipta

11. nicholasstg

nicholasstg New Member

Nicholas Saint Gabriel here. I'm in Florida, by way of Alaska, and am looking forward to getting my board.

12. tavo.tell

tavo.tell New Member

Hi! I'm Gustavo Tell, from Argentina. I'm electronic technician and computer programmer.

I have experience with Raspberry and Arduino, and I want to buy an UDOO, but in preorder the form "Billing Information" asks me "Fiscal Code", Never before has an Internet purchase had requested this. Is there no way to buy UDOO without Fiscal Code?

Thanks!

13. rkwiles

rkwiles New Member

Hi

I am Kelly.
    I have been a programmer for 25+ years and I am looking forward to doing project with UDOO.
    I live in the Dallas Texas area.
    I know many programming languages but mainly work in C and Java.

14. tavo.tell

tavo.tell New Member

Hi! I'm Gustavo Tell, from Argentina. I have 25 years old and I'm electronic technician and computer programmer.
    I have experience with Raspberry and Arduino, and I want to buy an UDOO.
    My projects will be development of video games, home automation and servers.

15. lucasr

lucasr New Member

Hi Everyone!
    I am Luca Ronga, the leader of a team of researchers at CNIT consortium, working on embedded platforms for remote medical assistance and emergency management. We also are creating an XBMC build for UDOO/Linaro (Quad) that will be released soon.

16. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

If you are a business and registered for VAT/Sales Tax then you use that field when ordering. If you are an individual or a business not registered for VAT/Tax then it doesn't apply.

I don't think you even see that field unless you click on "I'm a business' check box.

17. lsronga

lsronga New Member

Hi,
    I am Luca Ronga from CNIT research consortium (www.cnit.it). Experience on several HW platforms for digital signal processing and telecommunications. Expert Linux programmer. Interested on UDOO for the development of smart set top boxes for personal medical services.
    L.

18. Sintrix

Sintrix New Member

HIHIHIHihihIhiHihihihihihihiHIhihihihihi I'M REALLY EXCITED GUYS!! GO UDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AROOOUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH :eek: :shock: :D

19. titous

titous New Member

hey guys! i'm eager to be getting my board in; i'll be using it as a motion controller for my camera rig. looking forward to it!

20. Tostaki

Tostaki New Member

Hi,

I am French just waiting my Udoo to finish my DIY audio streamer.
    The Udoo will be in charge to run MPD & Mosquitto on the IMX6 with a specific MPD client. This client ill be able to send data through serial & to MQTT broker. This broker allows to share real-time the MPD statuses wil remote arduino boards.
    The Cortex-M3X will be used to manage the LCD display, the audio inputs, the remote control and the panel knobs.

I am looking forard receving the board and looking for a full headless linux image to run the streamer sorftware.