Bolt no longer working

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by SolidGoomba, Apr 29, 2019.

1. SolidGoomba

SolidGoomba UDOOer

Not sure what's going on, but pretty upset considering the cost of the board and $ I've put into memory and PSU, but my Bolt is no longer starting up, it'll power on, the LED's on the board will turn the expected colors, fan will kick on, but it'll be stuck at the UDOO Bolt screen, showing the BIOS version with a prompt to press delete or escape to enter set up, but the board won't respond to any inputs. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Do I have a bum board? I had previously gotten Windows installed and had the board running, but now it's just an expensive piece of desk art.

2. GerbenT

GerbenT UDOOer

This still a thing ? Was a while ago but sounds like what I had for a bit until I added something for it to boot from. Although I think I could still enter the bios

3. SolidGoomba

SolidGoomba UDOOer

No, I figured this out that evening when going through basic troubleshooting again and removing the SSD allowed me into the bios to change the boot order. Until that point and on previous attempts at removing added memory the board seemed locked at the basic boot screen as I was completely unable to access the bios.

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

What type of SSD
    - thru M,2 key-B or key-M
    - SATA type or NVMe type

It's a big no-no on putting a M.2 SATA SSD to BOLT's M.2 key-M slot.
    < -- key-M does not have SATA signals, while SATA SSD's SATA signals are riding on the same signal pins of BOLT key-M slot's PCIe lane 0 (these shall never be mixed)

5. SolidGoomba

SolidGoomba UDOOer

6. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Okay, then I don't know what's going on...

7. SolidGoomba

SolidGoomba UDOOer

Oh, it's working now, sorry if that wasn't clear. Typed out a bit of diatribe last night as I was a little tipsy and frustrated at lack of official documentation and then deleted it and I see I wasn't very clear with what I did end up posting. Appreciate the info.

8. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

9. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member