how can i make youtube work decently ?

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by TheJRT, Jan 9, 2014.

1. TheJRT

TheJRT New Member

Hello

i have the following problem i followed the steps in another post in order to set up gnash and that stuff (cant find the topic now :roll: )
    does anyone have a tutorial or knows the steps to make youtube work decently, not expecting 720p obviously but at least a 360p that works would be a good starting point :p possibly for chrome but firefox is fine.

have a nice day

JRT

2. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

I have been having the same problem. Youtube only plays at 240 fps and others the require adobe-plugin don't play at all. I am confident that over time this issue will be resolved, however it is becoming clear to me that the current builds are lacking the needed support to make UDOO do many of the things it has been designed to do. I am not complaining, I am at that point in the learning cure to be considered dangerous, so I still need to rely on others.

I am going to go back to 11.10 to see if gnash will work for me there. I will post the results.

3. TheJRT

TheJRT New Member

Great, keep me informed and lets hope for a fix.

Have a nice day

jrt

4. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

Tried installing gnash on ubuntu 11.10. Worked well for youtube. Now able to get 320 fps. However, no help with videos on CBS , CBC, CTV and other tv stations requiring adode flash plugin. They simply just won't play at all.

I really don't want to stay with 11.10 ubuntu just for youtube. I have got 12.04 running with the FS on HDD. Anybody have any success on 12.10 with this?