Creating shields for Arduino Due

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Bela, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bela

Bela Member

I was thinking recently if I can make shields for my arduino, so I started looking around if I can find any blank Arduino Due shield, but nothing. Then I took my friend Arduino Mega and I saw that the pins position are the same as the Arduino due, so now I'm asking if that's true and I can make actually shields with the blank Arduino Mega shield.

I have in mind a protoshield with connectors for servos and ISP / I2C. If anybody is interested in helping me please PM me :D

2. scott_fx

scott_fx New Member

3. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Most of those prototyping shields have compromises in their layout but if you can live with that, great!

However if those compromises are too far then you could design your own PCB and do a small run (usually minimum run is 10 I think).

4. Bela

Bela Member

Thanks a lot scott_fx for the link ;) . And Lifeboat_Jim I'll try my best!

5. MakerKris

MakerKris New Member

For what mt opinion is worth....
    I have a mega shield that I got off of eBay, I tried it on the udoo and found that the power light functions properly and MOST of the pins line up. It does miss the connections on the last 2 pins on either side closest to the power buttons. Also the version ai have has a reset button on it that does not function. Imo the mega shield is very limiting, so unless you just have one laying around as I did it is not worth using on the udoo.

6. Bela

Bela Member

I've been working on the shield since a while and I've showed it to my teacher which told me that everything was wrong actually. I was pretty angry, so I deleted everything actually ._. Gonna try again and with his help this time

7. jdonavan

jdonavan New Member

There's an excellent "screw shield" for the Megas that I'm using in mine.