Connecting Udoo to lapdock

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by figleaf, Nov 16, 2013.

1. figleaf

figleaf New Member

Could someone please write a howto on connecting udoo to a lapdock? Could you please describe the cables and adapters? Are they the same as for a pi model B rev 2? The order to connect? Do all four lapdock models work? Does the trackpad and keyboard work?

I have a brand new Atrix lapdock and a brand new raspberry pi Model B rev 2. Trackpad and keyboard do not work. I don't know whether its the cable, adapter, lapdock or pi. I am using an:

(1) micro female to micro male USB cable; and a
    (2) micro female to A male USB adapter.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i would love to, but i haven't been able to get a low cost Atrix lapdock and i think the other ones dont work well with the RPi.
    I have been wanting one to do a portable RPi Setup

3. figleaf

figleaf New Member

The Droid Bionic lapdock works just as well as the Atrix for the pi.

Motorola locked the 100 lapdock and 500 lapdock. They need a HDMI script, audio script and wifi script for the pi but I read on the cubieboard forum that they work without a script for the cubieboard2 and Udoo.

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i will have to check for the bionic one then too.. i thought that was one the 100/500 model that didnt work right.
    Please share any links you have to decently priced ones i havent found anything good

If i can get my mitts on one then i can try and do this :)

5. mert

mert UDOOer

Working on my Droid Lapdock... Did not modify the stock Linux SD in any way but there's some slight flickering on the monitor. Touchpad and mouse keys are working just fine.

FYI

6. kendall.green

kendall.green New Member

I have a Bionic lapdoc with micro female usb to male usb and micro hdmi to hdmi A connectors. I have tried connecting the UDOO dual to the lapdock and get the login screen. how do i get the keyboard to work?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  7. mert

mert UDOOer

I have been using my Droid Lapdock with UDOO Quad for years now. First few months I used it as it is; I used it with 2 converters. I bought 1 mini HDMI Female to HDMI Female and 1 USB Micro Female to USB Micro Female. But if you wanna do that you need to "shave" inner sides of the converters a little bit, because converters are a bit too fat for these connectors.

Then I got tired of plugging in and out these converters and I did dismantled the connector part and hard wired an HDMI cable and got out the USB connector. Please see the picture :

[​IMG]

A standard HDMI cable fits perfectly and I can use my lapdock with everyhing this way. Please check and test your inner cabling before you solder anything.

Good luck,

PS : Sometimes I get "no red" (all blue) on the screen with UDOObuntu. This is not about cabling though, I used to get it with the connectors too. The lapdock is a standard HDMI monitor so everything should be OK so I don't think you need to do anything with Xconfig. I fix it just by switching to text mode and back to X11.