Script for automatic UdooX86 BIOS upgrade to 1.06 version

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by stecolumna, Apr 27, 2019.

1. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

2. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hello,
    do you mind reformulating your question? I can't seem to understand it

3. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

dear evaloverde,

Markus Laire has kindly done a script that greatly simplifies the upgrade of the UEFI firmware. I have used the old version of Markus Laire script in the past and now I am asking Markus Laire if he can kindly publish an update of his script to be able to update the UEFI firmware automatically. The request is directed to Markus Laire.
    Thanks for your patience
    Stefano Colonna

4. am1982

am1982 UDOOer

When you look inside this script, it's an easy change: https://github.com/malaire/misc/blob/master/udoo-x86/uefi-update-104.sh
    Line 56 and 57

Doing this every time manually is not what computers are for. If udoo activtes DirectoryListing for downloads, the script could parse the version numbers. Another possible solution could be a a symlink on the server, which has the pattern udoo_i_bios.latest. Then the script can download always this file. Currently the only possible way to get available versions, is to scan the webserver and look for http_status 200.

evaloverde likes this.
  5. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

6. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear am1982
    a few minutes ago I executed the modified uefi-update-106.sh file as you indicated and the UEFI BIOS update was correctly executed in my UdooX86 Ultra to version 1.06
    Thank you very much for your help
    Stefano Colonna

7. rotorbudd

rotorbudd UDOOer

Just tried this method and I get the following error when running the curl command
    curl: (51) SSL: certificate subject name (www.markuslaire.com) does not match target host name 'iet.fi'

8. rotorbudd

rotorbudd UDOOer

Just went ahead and updated per the linux instructions in the download.
    Worked fine.

9. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Although I've attempted to use the method contained in the BIOS update package to preserve the current BIOS settings while updating under Windows, it has always failed to preserve them. Not wanting to manually reconfigure the BIOS settings, I have avoided updating the BIOS with subsequent BIOS updates.

Is anyone able to provide a method of flashing a BIOS update that retains the current settings?