Problem booting up V3 for first time

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by jorgy, Jul 16, 2019.

1. jorgy

jorgy UDOOer

Hello, proud owner of V3 here.

I received my V3 today and am trying to boot it up for the first time. I am using the USB-C for power, and have two 16G memory DIMMs, and only get the two flashing amber LEDs. I've reseated the memory, and tried the power in both of the USB-C slots, but same result. I'm trying to narrow down if it's a power supply issue, or if it's a memory issue. Do I need to have both slots filled, or can I try it with just one DIMM?

The memory that I'm using is this:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B019FRCV9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the power supply and cord are these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PLR7T1M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MW1ZWP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do not have access to a regular power supply, though I can probably get one off of Amazon.

Please advise next steps to debug. Thanks in advance!

jorgy

2. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

One DIMM is just fine (I use the one closest to the fan.)
    A side question, did you press the power button?

3. jorgy

jorgy UDOOer

Thanks for your reply. Yup, I did try both the power button and the reset button. :)

I also tried one DIMM in each slot, but same result each time - flashing yellow LEDs.

Again, any help is appreciated!

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

(Based on V8, V3 may be similar or same)
    The Amber/Green LED near one corner of the BOLT is the power-state LED.
    No light == no power is supplied/detected
    Stable Amber == proper power is supplied
    Green == Power is ON

The other Amber LED is the IO13 LED on the Arduino side. Default Arduino code is "blinker" (1 second ON, 1 second OFF.)

5. jorgy

jorgy UDOOer

6. SolidGoomba

SolidGoomba UDOOer

Section 3.1 of the manual will show you the location of the BIOS switch on the bottom of the board, iirc, people who received V8's would sometimes get a board with the switch still in the "reset" position, I'd suggest either checking the manual, which further in illustrates the positions on the switch or just flipping it and trying to boot again.

7. jorgy

jorgy UDOOer

Thanks for your reply. Switch position didn't make any difference for me. Using a DC laptop power supply did allow me to boot normally, rather than USB-C power supply.

waltervl likes this.