When is the Bolt Shipping with Mouser?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Michael K, Jul 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Michael K

Michael K UDOOer

So I pre-ordered a few V8 Bolts through Mouser weeks ago and the last update I got from them that the updated shipping date was July 23. That date has passed and so I contacted them to see what's up. They now tell me there is a 42 week lead time from now.

What's going on here?!?

Michael

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Is it 42 weeks lead time or week 42 they will be delivering?

3. Michael K

Michael K UDOOer

Their statement to me is: "We are still working with the manufacture to get a confirmed in stock date. It is a possibility that the lead time could be up to 42 weeks, we will not know for sure until the supplier gets back with us on when they can ship us these parts."

I interpret this as "We have no clue when it will ship".

4. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Ciao Michael,
    in our Kickstarter update, we stated that production started. What that means is that we produced the BOLTs, they're now being tested after production and sent t our Kickstarter backers. When we're finished shipping them to backers we'll fill out Mouser pre-orders and you're going to receive yours.

The 42 weeks deadline was an automatic one that was displayed by mistake on Mouser. We tried contacting them but they're unable to change it now. It has been 42 weeks for a couple of months now, it's not changing.

We're pushing to get all Kickstarter BOLTs delivered as fast as we can, in a future update we'll tell you more about it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eva

5. Michael K

Michael K UDOOer

I now got a message from Mouser indicating the shipping date is now October 8, 2019. Is that an accurate date?

6. Daniel Marshall

Daniel Marshall UDOOer

Mouser just sent me an email saying they might get more in in 2 months. Whether I'm going to get one of them is up in the air, I'm guessing. You've still got 2 months of production just to fill backer orders?

7. Daniel Marshall

Daniel Marshall UDOOer

Been a couple of weeks, mouser's order count hasn't dropped any so it doesn't appear they're receiving any shipments. Any updates on this?

8. Michael K

Michael K UDOOer

I can confirm I have received no shipments nor any updates as to when to expect a shipment.

9. Daniel Marshall

Daniel Marshall UDOOer

Any updates? Doesn't look like mouser has received any for at least a few weeks now. If you're actually producing 24 per day, you'd think you'd be pretty close by now, yes?

10. Michael K

Michael K UDOOer

Meh ... I ended up canceling my order on Mouser given the lack of visibility on what was going on. Glad I did, actually, as I found a better computer for my purposes at roughly the same price (not saying it's overall better, because it is different, but better suited for my needs).