How to debug the Arduino code...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VAR, Mar 30, 2016.

1. VAR

VAR New Member

Currently I have Udoo Quad and have the Hello World on Arduino running which is great. Wondering how do I debug the arduino code. For example, where does the print statements on Arduino side show up? Can I connect Udoo to any Arduino debuggers?

Thanks

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

What Hello World sketch, do you have a link?
    If I google I see Hello World sketches for connection with a LCD screen. If you have that attached then you would expect those print statements coming out there :)
    what is in front of print? lcd.print or serial.print?
    Normally you use serial.print It prints data to the Serial port that you can monitor with the Arduino IDE Serial monitor.

3. VAR

VAR New Member

Waltervl,

Thanks for the response. I am using the following link to set it up. http://www.udoo.org/tutorial/android-arduino-udoo-simple-hello-world-tutorial/
    The code simply uses printf("\r\nUDOO ADK demo start\r\n"); and I am curious as to where this would appear.

If I use serial.print, the problem would be that in order for Arduino to Android communication to work, I have to set the external OTG to off. If I set it off, the arduino board will not appear through serial on my Aruduino IDE.

Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Thanks,
    Venki

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I am sorry, I have a Neo and working on Linux so no idea how this is working on a quad with Android.

5. nishabhardwaj

nishabhardwaj New Member