Windows Application able to run?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nothere, Dec 7, 2017.

1. nothere

nothere New Member

Hi all. I am new to this place, as you can see, 1 post :). I am looking for some info before I purchase this item, maybe someone here can help me.

I want to be able to RUN a windows application on this. The application exactly is a BOT for a game I play that runs lots of accounts at once. I saw a tutorial on youtube about installing a Virtual Machine with proxmox, but I don't really know if this will allow installing windows on it and didn't really find any information online that would help me out.

I want to save power from my 1000W power supply, this is why I want to use one of these boards, low power consumption.

So again, I just want to know if any of these would do what I need.

Thanks.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

The Udoo X86 can run windows 7, 8 and 10 (you have to buy a windows license somewhere yourself) so can run your application.
    If running on Windows the Udoo needs a separate harddisk. Windows is very difficult to run on the build in eMMC or an SD card.

3. nothere

nothere New Member

Understood. I assume for a hard disk I will need some type of power to it? Or is there any type I can get that will use the power from the board itself?

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

You can take a SATA 2.5 inch HDD (5V power). Special SATA cables are in the shop. You could also use an ssd that can be mounted in de M2 slot without any wiring. Udoo has those SSDs in their shop

5. nothere

nothere New Member

Thanks again for the info.

After more reading I saw that it does not support WIFI or BT from the start, you need to buy an adapter, and if you do, then the M.2 slot will be used for this adapter leaving you without a m.2 slot to use?

After more reading since it has 2 m.2 slots I can still use an m.2, that's cool, just hate to have to spend 270+ dollars and have to buy an additional adapter for WIFI that will cost more money.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  6. Laura

Laura UDOOer

7. nothere

nothere New Member

Awesome. How long before the case and wifi m.2 get back in stock?

8. bela541

bela541 New Member

Udoo has those SSDs in their shop

9. Miayya

Miayya New Member

How much for them?