Vega 8(GPU)

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Creative_UDOO, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Creative_UDOO

Creative_UDOO UDOOer

Hello all,

Got my new UDOO Bolt computer up and running on Windows 10.
    I have installed all driver and also Graphics driver too!

I have installed Core Temp as it run round 37c to 54c(if I was doing gaming or whatever)

The Fan? Yes, there are some people complain about the fan and it does happened to mine as it go on and off sometime even thought I been checking the Core Temp of CPU telling me that is 37c when the FAN is OFF! Very ODD!

So I have decide to installed Game Guru or Leadwerk engine to test the Vega 8 GPU. I do know that Vega 8 GPU is weaker than Geforce 1050ti 4GB(my desktop pc) that run 60FPS on both of Game guru or leadwerk engine but shocking it run very poor on Vega 8 that run 12FPS(Game Guru) and Leadwerk engine(15FPS)

I havnt overclock my CPU as I dont know how to do it and I am not expert when come on Vega 8 GPU even thought I went on AMD RADEON Setting to put Aperture Size of 128. I am not sure if I put Vega GPU to Maxium performance to try bump up FPS in good performance!

I hope someone try help me to get maxium CPU(I am not really fan of overclock CPU) or GPU(that would idea for me to get maxium GPU :) )

cheers

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. Creative_UDOO

Creative_UDOO UDOOer

TDP? 25W? Yes I have

I also went to PCIE Configuration of PSPP Policy and put it on PERFORAMCE.

Then I went to check the CPU which is 40c and maxium is 51c where the BIO say Cooling temperature is 85c!

I have check the CPU Z of the Graphics chip which say

Core range from 29MHZ to 399Mhz
    Shader 199MHZ
    Memory 400MHZ

I have check the Game Guru that run 10FPS and I also check Leadwerk engine that run 15FPS and somethings isnt right as I remember that UDOO did show video that it was running on UDOO Bolt hardware showing a GTA 5 game with 35 FPS!!!

4. Creative_UDOO

Creative_UDOO UDOOer

How do you increase Graphics core range up to 1100MHZ as so far it is from 29MHZ to 399MHZ....

I am waiting for answers on what I have say above....

5. Dejavox

Dejavox UDOOer

Same here - tried to apply setting to 25W but cannot get beyond 399MHZ Graphics Core range... What is the secret? Can someone from the UDOO Team help please?

6. Dejavox

Dejavox UDOOer

Anyone? Since November no response ... I really wonder :(