UDOO NEO CO-PROCESSOR BOOT TIME

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Parth K, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Parth K

Parth K UDOOer

As I understand M4 processor doesn't have non-volatile program memory, in order to run Arduino sketch first off all UDOOBUNTU will boot on A9 processor and then Arduino sketch will be automatically executed to run on M4 processor. How long this whole process takes from initial power up to Arduino sketch execution on M4 processor?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did not boot mine for a while but is doesn't take that long. 30 seconds or something about that. Could be faster.
    Why do you wan't to know? If you want to communicate with Serial between A9 and M4 just make sure you first start reading from A9 and send a small string to A9 from M4. After communication is setup you can send larger amounts of data through serial.

Se also the How-To's in my signature for examples

3. Parth K

Parth K UDOOer

My goal is to toggle few GPIO as soon as power applied. I don't mind weather A9 does it or M4. But it has to be within few seconds. That's why I was trying to find a solution to control some GPIO without waiting to finish Linuxboontu bootup.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Then you could just make a simple electronic circuit based on Arduino 5V out.

5. Parth K

Parth K UDOOer

Yes, External Arduino is a possibility but I don't have budget and real estate for extra circuitry. I must use these 2 inbuilt processors. In worst case how long it takes to boot Linux Udoobuntu? Any alternative fast solution for stock OS?