Help! Boot weirdness

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Mathew Hoets, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Mathew Hoets

Mathew Hoets UDOOer

Hi all,

I have gotten close to getting my autopc with the X86 up, there's just two small problems. First, Windows wants to set my res to high for the screen to display so I want to boot into safe mode from windows recovery. This is where the Udoo part of the problem comes in. My Udoo has this strange habit of starting to boot and then power off. When I press the power button again then it boots fine, however, it does this on restart as well which means when I try to restart into safe mode and the boot fails because the Udoo turns itself off I have to go back through the recovery option and the cycle continues... is it a setting I may have triggered by accident?

Cheers

2. Mathew Hoets

Mathew Hoets UDOOer

So 1 busy year later I have managed to get back onto this, thanks everyone for the help, its been a ripper! ;) But in all seriousness, I have solved the screen option with an update and a year of letting it sit to think about what it has done. However, Still have the power on for 3 seconds then power off, this is getting tiresome, does anyone know of a fix? firmware update maybe?