Tiny Core Linux on UDOO

Discussion in 'Other OS' started by freedomotic, Nov 16, 2013.

1. freedomotic

freedomotic Member

What about a porting of Tiny Core Linux? It runs enterely on RAM and boots in few seconds.
    It could take advantage of the Udoo power.
    The link is http://tinycorelinux.net/.
    They have already a version for Raspberry.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

you could be the first to do it :)
    The UDOO team is working on a lot of various versions and the community is adding many more. Please feel free to give it a shot and let us know how it goes or where you need help. Updates to the thread would be a great way to provide status or get help. If you dont know how to do this than maybe someone else will pick it up... So far i haven't seen anyone do this port yet. Right now a lot of work is going into getting the existing main Operating Systems stable.

3. freedomotic

freedomotic Member

4. stomatocode

stomatocode New Member

Hi, can you please update on your progress with this approach? I just learned that this Arch ARM port is apparently not well supported and I originally wanted to try the TinyCore GK802 port but ended up going with Arch instead. I'd much prefer to try TC out first, so if you've made any headway, I'd be most appreciative to hear about it!

5. RyanJ93

RyanJ93 New Member

Hi, someone know if exist a place where i can download the Tiny Core Linux image that run on UDOO?