BIOS upgrade timeline for fan fix ?

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Erkki, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. WisdomWolf

WisdomWolf UDOOer

Do you know what the connector is? Is it JST-SH?

2. anlumo

anlumo UDOOer

The schematic here says that the connector on the board is a MOLEX 533980371.

3. WisdomWolf

WisdomWolf UDOOer

Well that explains why the JST-SH connectors that I just received didn't work. It looks like the Molex picoblade connectors are considerably more difficult to get a hold of. I've got orders out to both mouser and digi key though. I wonder where I could find replacement springs for the screws.

4. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

hhtmp88 likes this.
  5. Mischhuddel

Mischhuddel UDOOer

Hi all,
    I had my V8 running quite stable on Windows 10. Some occasional blue-screens from time to time and a noisy fan, but apart from that it worked. Because the fan really is annoying I wanted to try the new BIOS 106RC04. I followed the instructions on how to update the BIOS using Windows 10, now my Bolt V8 won't start anymore. The power LED turns green and after a couple of seconds goes orange again. Using the 3-way switch mentioned in "Troubleshooting" doesn't help it.
    Any heads up on how to solve this issue? Is there a way to flash the original BIOS?
    Thank you for your help!

6. Atsu73

Atsu73 UDOOer

Please remove the added devices (Wifi, SSD, etc) and try to start up (several times) with only memory.

7. WisdomWolf

WisdomWolf UDOOer

So after Frankensteining a connection adapter for the Gelid fan I managed to get things up and running again. It is definitely silent, but now the fan runs all the time even when the board is in standby mode. Has anyone else experienced this behavior when replacing the fan?

8. rdslw

rdslw UDOOer

I can confirm that 1.06RC4 Nov20 is working ok for me.

As to the fan it works (on default BIOS settings) as before: ON (loud) for around 5..10 seconds, then stops for around 8..12 seconds, and so on :)

You are able to manually set different options for fan which result in slower, quieter and constant rotation of the fan.

hhtmp88 likes this.
  9. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

My fan still get stop and is not able to start by itself :( even with the latest RC Bios

10. nophead

nophead UDOOer

I think the problem of fans not starting is nothing to do with the BIOS, they are simply faulty fans. The BIOS update is to make it less noisy by running it slower.

11. BoltyBolt

BoltyBolt UDOOer

Where can i obtain the 1.06RC4 BIOS?

12. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

if your fan is one of those with a green dot on the side it might well be worth raiding a support ticket to get it replaced

13. rdslw

rdslw UDOOer

bra1n and BoltyBolt like this.
  14. Xeyrruken

Xeyrruken UDOOer

Actually my ticket was opened on August 20 2019 and I even made a video, the ticket got closed and I never received any fan. I have reopened the ticket like a week ago and have not received any answer, I'm starting to get pissed off @evaloverde

15. Alkensandra Prijovic

Alkensandra Prijovic New Member

Waiting,maybe you will get reply next week.

16. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, the ticketing service has been closed for the holidays, as soon as we get back in business you'll receive a reply. Please allow a few days due to the accumulated tickets during the holidays.

Xeyrruken likes this.
  17. evaloverde

Xeyrruken if you haven't received the fan please reply directly on your closed ticket, in order to have the complete history of your case all in one place, avoiding further confusion. We thought we sent back all the fans, I'm sorry you haven't received yours yet.

I'll handle your case.

Xeyrruken likes this.
  18. BoltyBolt

BoltyBolt UDOOer

After the update the first few boots too a really long time, freaked me out.
    Update is practically useless on the fan speed,

19. evaloverde

Hello Bolty, the update takes a few reboots to actually be 100% installed, that's why it's slow and still not working. Unfortunately there is no on-screen feedback to help understand the status of installation