Can anyone confirm that i2c is working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hl68fx, Dec 7, 2013.

1. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Hi,

can anyone confirm that I2C is working on the Arduino Due part? I have 3 I2C devices, a MPU6050, MPU9150 and a Chronodot V2.1 and all work on my Arduino Uno without any problems (without external pullups). But I can't get them to work on my Udoo Quard! :? I also used pullup resistors (2k2, 4k8, 10k).

I really appreciate any help! :)

2. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

I can't believe that there is nobody who experimentet with I2C Sensors on the UDOO? :?

3. steezeburger

steezeburger New Member

Have you not experimented?

I'm trying to get a temperature sensor I have working. The problem is that the serial class seems to be broken, so I don't really have a way of printing the data that I receive from the sensor.

Serial seems to work when the Sam is programmed from another PC with the use of Firmata. I will probably try this later, but have a few other things I need to work on first.

4. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Hi steezeburger,

I've tried really a lot of things and had no luck so far :( I can confirm that I don't get any output in the serial monitor when I programm it with the arduino ide on Udoo.
    But as you said the serial monitor works when I program the SAM3X8E from my laptop.

5. steezeburger

steezeburger New Member

And no luck with getting i2c to work even when programmed from another PC? Would you mind posting what sensor you're using along with your code? I have an exam tomorrow along with work, but possibly after I can take some time to try to get my TC74A0 (i2c temperature sensor) working with Udoo. I will post my results if/when I get to it!

6. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

@hl68fx

I've not seen you on IRC these last 2 days to continue our discussion on I2C.

In short, I've tried it myself without any success either. Issue is now in the ticket system. It may just be a compiler issue or perhaps a kernel misconfiguration issue. Either way I don't expect it to take very long for Team UDOO to resolve, once they turn their attention to the matter.

7. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Hi Jim,

thank you very much for your efforts! Nice to hear that the Udoo Team is working on it. I hope they will solve the problem asap :)

8. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Are there any news on this topic?

9. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

I can confirm it's made it onto the 'to do' list.

I know they are pretty busy getting the next Debian/Ubuntu & Android releases ready so can't say any more I'm afraid.

If I have time I do have one idea I could try myself but that might be the weekend.

10. Dutch999

Dutch999 New Member

Has this issue been resolved (i.e. i2c/serial monitor not working when programmed from arduino)? I have been able to confirm that the serial monitor does seem to work properly when receiving a simple output from the arduino. However, I also cannot seem to get i2c to function on the arduino side. All of my sensors seem to work properly over i2c when connected to a stand-alone arduino uno. Please help.

11. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

hi,

I hope it will be solved in the next update!

Kind regards

12. EchoWarp

EchoWarp New Member

I decided to test my Adafruit 8x8 bi-color matrix on it. I can use i2c0 (SCL,SDA next to RX1). However, it only runs for 600ms. I can get it to blink 6 images on 100ms delays. After that, it stops working. Even a reset (by touching the jumpers) does not do anything. I can make it blink again if I upload the same sketch, however it stops at the same place.

Since it happens so quickly, about the only way to test when it becomes unresponsive is to blink LEDs, since it takes too long to open the serial console after an upload.

I have a theory that the SAM3X (Due) stops working on sketches bigger than roughly 100 pages, but maybe it's just mine. The sketch size on the 31,152 bytes on flash, which seems suspiciously close to the maximum size of a signed int to me.

*edit: I may have found a fix here: http://www.udoo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=785&p=6301#p6301