Battery operated UDOO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by francescomm, Jan 23, 2014.

1. francescomm

francescomm Member

What battery would you buy, how would you set it up, where would you connect it, is there any way to have linux or arduino detect charge? Has anybody tried? UDOOs on wheels anywhere?

2. Decion

Decion New Member

Yes, here! :) I'm using this battery:

Link to Amazon / England:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/XTPower®-MP...UTF8&qid=1390502370&sr=8-5&keywords=MP-23000A

Link to Amazon / Italy:
    http://www.amazon.it/XTPower%C2%AE-MP-2 ... s=23000mah

I confess it's not the smallest package and rather expensive but does the job extremly well and has power for many hours. I also got myself a 5' lcd monitor that holds a changeable battery that lasts for about 8h, so with all this stuff it's possible to be completely mobile with the Udoo for quite some time.

For having the Udoo detecting the charge level I don't think that would work out of the box with such standard batteries.

3. TheJRT

TheJRT New Member

I wanted to do the same thing, Kindly EBrown helped me, make sure to check this post as it will surely help and give stats on possible batteries. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=649

he also gave a similar solution

have a nice day
    JRT

P.s. all credits for the info in that post go to EBrown and not me :)

4. francescomm

francescomm Member

Thanks to all, great informations! I like that battery, how would you connect it? Should I look for the plugs and connect it to the usal UDOO plug?

5. francescomm

francescomm Member

Yessss! Battery has arrived yesterday. It's a fantastic gadget, with a great look (even the box is very stylish) You can easily change the voltage to 12V, 16V etc.. and.. IT HAS THE PLUG FOR THE UDOO AS DEFAULT. Just open, set to 12 or 16V, plug in, UDOO starts. Done. Thanks again for the great help.