Udoo bolt for an in car dash/hub replacement?

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by maheshkulkarni, Jan 29, 2020.

1. maheshkulkarni

maheshkulkarni New Member

I've got a background with Arduinos and messing around in cars, so I'm looking for something that I can use as the core of replacing the majority of my in car systems with in a 95 Toyota Supra. Objectives I need to meet:

• Dash clocks that load quickly when the car turns on - The main attraction of the Bolt is the raw power, I'm after fast loading times and the ability for it to boot straight into a dash application. currently I'm looking at a linux build with a QT based dash cluster

• I/O reading to allow me to integrate some relays and sensors and feed that into the QT dash, in addition to CAN bus data - I'm hoping I can create custom CAN commands using the I/O on the Bolt and roll that into a USB to CAN connection (after a G sensor and I'm going to completely rebuild the steering wheel controls, I also need to add in a gear indicator and mode indicator and integrate that into the dash. I'm running an after market ECU, so I suspect I could do this with an Arduino I/O and feed that back into the CAN network if necessary, it would just be nice to have this onboard in the brain

2. Gorgo

Gorgo UDOOer

This is udoo NEO section, not Bolt