Supported LVDS-Panels?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by anlumo, Jun 27, 2013.

1. rkwiles

rkwiles New Member

A lot of the specs I have read on LVDS LCD touch screens have them listed as

Interface: LVDS Bit compatible I/F

Does this mean they are single channel or not?

Thanks

2. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

I would take that to mean that the interface is an LVDS, not enough info whether it's single or dual channel to comment.

Best bet is to find the exact panel model and revision numbers, then find the manufacturers spec/data sheet and then you'll know as it should state it clearly. If it's XGA (ish) or below it probably is, if it's hi-res then it probably is dual-channel but it's best to make sure rather than guess.

3. hillcz

hillcz Member

Any update for compatible LVDS-touchpanels ??
    THX

4. Greg Nuspel

Greg Nuspel New Member

First supplier to post they have a compatible LVDS touchpanel better have lots of stock :)

5. the1cyrus

the1cyrus New Member

10" lcd with touch would be awesome!

6. jeremyforan

jeremyforan New Member

7. rootScript

rootScript Member

8. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

9. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Would it be possible to also get access to the source code (drivers, etc - as a patch or set of patches) to understand how one gets an lvds panel and camera working under linux/android. Would be useful to learn to see how its done and may be extend it to work with panels/camera that we may already have.

thanks,
    /venkat

10. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

11. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

So, 'am trying to understand the UDOO LVDS pinouts, i.MX6Q hookups and the interface pin assignments of the UMSH-8596MD-20T which is the UDOO-supported 7" with capacitive touch panel (datasheet from Mouser, as I couldn't find it in the UDDO downloads section: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... IJOg%3D%3D)...

The intent is to to try and figure out how I could reuse an old 13.3 Toshiba LVDS 1-channel 18bit LCD screen.

The nomenclature used on the UDOO matches quite a bit with my panels datasheet, such as:
    . TX0/TX1 <==> RX0/RX1
    etc. However, the nomenclature of the UDOO supported 7" touch panel appears to be non-standard, with descriptions, such as:
    . B5-B3 (Blue data input)
    etc. See attachment below. So, how can one correlate the pinout info in 7" panel datasheet and the UDOO datasheet ?

Is there a datasheet for the LVDS 40pin (panel end) to 24pin (UDOO end) cable that UDOO uses for it's UMSH-8596MD-20T 7" touch panel ? If there is a link pl. provide that, if not place it in downloads section.

Also, as someone earlier aasked, why is the I2C interface on this same 7" pnale not being tied up to the I2C pins of CN13 on UDOO ? Is it because i.MX6Q LVDS interface doesn't support it or wast it purely to expedite a LVDS solution. Using an USB port for touch seems to be defeating the purpose if I2C is supported by the panel and UDOO interface ?

thanks,
    /venkat

Here is the gist of pin info:

Attached Files: