The UDOO BOLT GEAR is coming this May and you can get it at a $60 discount

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by evaloverde, May 11, 2020.

1. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Yup, despite it all, we're doing it! We're coming out with a new UDOO BOLT creation

udooboltgear_prerelease.png udooboltgear_prerelease.png

What is UDOO BOLT GEAR?

UDOO BOLT GEAR is the Speed Force turned Mini PC: a lightning-fast and customizable solution that is ready to accept a vast array of memory, storage, and operating systems.

It is a hand-size Arduino-compatible Mini PC based on an AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000 Processor - a 4-cores, 8-threads CPU. On top of that, it features AMD Radeon™ “Vega” 8 Graphics. Thanks to its 2 full-featured USB-C and 2 HDMI 2.0, it can handle four 4K monitors simultaneously. All this power consumes very little, as the CPU's thermal design power is just 25W.

UDOO BOLT GEAR’s stylish design makes it the perfect match for any environment - living room, office, whatever. Compact and lightweight at 13 cm x 13 cm x 7 cm, it fits in the palm of the hand, and can be easily attached to the back of a VESA mount-display.

UDOO BOLT GEAR is designed for businesses, developers, and enthusiasts. It is ideal for several scenarios, such as work from home, productivity, entertainment, and rapid prototyping.

Inside the box

The box features UDOO BOLT GEAR and the dedicated metal case. In addition, it includes Wi-Fi and BT modules, a power supply, and both US and EU cables. The content of the box, barring UDOO BOLT GEAR, is unassembled, so that the user can build their own solution. Finally, the box comes with a detailed instruction manual.

Online resources

As you expect, there is going to be a ton of online resources for UDOO BOLT GEAR, that is:

How to receive the $60 discount?
    UDOO BOLT GEAR will launch in May 2020.

The retail price of UDOO BOLT GEAR will be $449, but those who enter their email address on the UDOO BOLT GEAR web page before launch will receive a $60 discount code once the UDOO BOLT GEAR is available for sale.

2. moxy

moxy UDOOer

It might be too early to ask but looking at the specs, it's the same as the Bolt.

What are the differences/improvements?

docofkult and evaloverde like this.
  3. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

@evaloverde you did not answer this question. I am also wondering. You even made a new documentation set for it so there should be a difference with a Bolt V8. But what?

nophead likes this.
  5. John Smith

John Smith UDOOer

I also would like to know the difference to my Udoo Bolt V8....

6. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

I'm guessing the additional goodies. i.e. case, BT/WiFi, etc.

7. joe michaels

joe michaels New Member