solution for a car rear view / backup camera system?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by at0m33, Jan 27, 2014.

1. at0m33

at0m33 New Member

Hi,

i have a question for a upcoming car computer project with the udoo. The main feature should be a rear view / backup camera system. I know, there are some camera modules (raspberry pi and arduino) out there, but whats about a camera on the back of the car? A problem will be the cable length (it should be long enough for a truck ~ 7 meters). The udoo with a (touch)-screen is located in the driver's cab.

What would be the "best" solution for that? Maybe the usage of a wifi network and a ip cam? It is very appreciated if anyone can give a few tips about that :)!

Regards,

at0m33

P.S.

If it matters: my favorite operating system is a linux based distribution (maybe ubuntu) for the udoo.

2. Evil Rob

Evil Rob New Member

I have ordered one of these as it has a multi pin socket rather than a Ribbon cable, as the one in the Udoo shop has, which was the one i was originally going to buy.

I am going to use it as a reversing camera in my car so th cable will be about 7-8 ft

I will let you know how i get on.

http://www.uctronics.com/mega-pixel-cam ... -1420.html

[​IMG]

3. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Hello Rob,

I'm most interested in your development of the OV5642 camera for use with the Udoo Quad.

What software do you plan to use to capture video from the camera?

How do you plan to convert the ribbon connector to header connector?

Thanks.

Best regards,
    Larry

4. Ric Boyts

Ric Boyts New Member

Hey Rob,

I am also looking to outfit a commercial vehicle with an UDOO controlled rear view device. Can you please report on the progress you have made in doing so?

Ric Boyts