Matlab/Labview?

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by hl68fx, Jan 23, 2014.

1. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Hi,

I would like to know if Udoo will get Matlab and Labview support?

Kind regards

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

there's a few Open-source alternatives, some of which match Matlab language syntax. I'd suggest looking into those... Much more likely to find one of those that work at this stage than Matlab proper compiled to work on the Udoo...

3. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Hi,

thank you very much for your answer! :) My idea was to use Matlab Simulink and Labview to programm Udoo. Will this be possible in the near future? I found a Facebook comment where Udoo said that they are working on it.

4. ram_tenet

ram_tenet New Member

Just to get more insight .

Are you trying to run matlab on the UDOO or do you want to run the generated code from Matlab to run on the Udoo both are different in their own case.
    I think the latter looks something that exits as a solution with some manual advanced manuevers but not the first one as Matlab has to be compiled for a ARM target

--ram

5. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

Hi ram_tenet,

I would like to run the generated code from Matlab and Labview on Udoo.

6. gamemakerh

gamemakerh New Member

7. ImIronman

ImIronman New Member

Hey guys,

I too wanna run a matlab program on udoo. Am quite new to this tech and I'm not quite aware of how do I compile the matlab code for an ARM processor. It would be great if anyone of u could throw some light upon it!

Thank you!

8. rpring9

rpring9 New Member

Did you ever get an answer? I know that you can program an Arduino Due with Matlab but I can't seem to get matlab to recognize the Arduino after downloading the necessary support package.

9. hl68fx

hl68fx New Member

I didn't get any answer and I had also no luck with the Matlab support package. There was a comment on facebook from the udoo-team that they are working on Matlab support but that was about a year ago... :(

10. rpring9

rpring9 New Member

Well, Matlab only recently came out with support for the Due. I believe it's only a problem with the board being recognized as "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge" instead of Arduino Due.