Run Arduino program in the background when UDOO is swicthed off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giacomo, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Giacomo

Giacomo UDOOer

Hello to everybody,
    I am wondering if with any of the UDOO boards is it possible to run Arduino code in the background when the UDOO is plug to the mainline but switched off (or at least in sleep mode).

I am asking this because I would like to keep logging data from sensors (environmental sensors) attached to the GPIO without keeping the main board on. So it's essential that the Arduino can write data to memory.

Best regards,
    Giacomo

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

All Udoo boards except the Neo can put the PC part into sleep mode and let the Arduino hardware continue running. You have to attach an extra SD card if you want to store extra data.

The Udoo Neo is so small and power consumption is pretty low that perhaps it could also fulfill your needs without sleep mode.

For the Quad and X86 your Arduino sketch has to be prepared for a Arduino sketch reset as the Arduino gets reset as the PC part is booting op. For the Bolt I do not know.

Giacomo likes this.
  3. Giacomo

Giacomo UDOOer

Thanks a lot for the answer!! I really appreciated it! I was thinking to create a data logger for humidity and temperature, but in this case, it seems more suitable to go with a standard computer and an external datalogger with the RH sensors attached.

It's a pity that there is no way to have a share data space between Arduino and UDOO. It shouldn't be hard to add a little SD card reader where both can write and read from.

4. Gregoryneini

Gregoryneini New Member

I am also blogger and know the importance of getting the back link from in niche relevant.