Audio over HDMI not run

Discussion in 'Android' started by lostfly, Jan 19, 2014.

1. lostfly

lostfly New Member

Anybody can activate audio over hdmi ?

I can't listen.

2. lostfly

lostfly New Member

Help me please.

Audio not listen over HDMI. I test all configurations, and not listen anything.
    Some can confirm this issue ?

3. Decion

Decion New Member

There are several persons in this forum reporting an issue with sound via HDMI, so it seems there are problems with it, however I can't confirm it's a general issue for every combination of devices. I'm currently using the following monitor and I do have sound via HDMI, so I think it depends on the monitor device if sounds works or not, maybe there is an issue with Udoo detecting or routing sound capabilites to the monitor.

Liliput 5' monitor, HDMI sound on Android ok:
    http://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-569gl-50 ... B0006L0BES

Later today I will test Android sound via HDMI with a Samsung TV in my living room. I will report back if that also works, so we have more results.

4. lostfly

lostfly New Member

Maybe hdmi cable version ?
    which version you are using ?

Thanks.

5. Decion

Decion New Member

Today I tried it with a 1.4a +3D +Ethernet +Audio Return cable that is marked as top notch and a 40' Samsung flat screen TV, but there was no Audio via HDMI either.

With the 5' monitor some days before I used a different cable, however that was also marked as HDMI 1.4a with the same specs. I don't have this cable here at the moment, but will get it tomorrow so I can check both monitors with both cables again. However, at this point I don't think it's a cable issue. I'd rather think something is wrong in the Android image of Udoo, so just some monitors do work with HDMI, many others not.

6. lostfly

lostfly New Member

Interesting, I'm awaiting for conclusion...

very Thanks for your help.

7. Decion

Decion New Member

I was able to test the 2 cables. They both work ok, but just with the smaller monitor. On the bigger flat screen however there is no sound via HDMI, no matter what cable I use, so my conclusion is, it depends on the monitor device if HDMI works or not. This might be something the devs need to fix for the next Android version of Udoo.