NIB Bolt Gear - Not able to install Windows via USB

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Slappy McPhee, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Slappy McPhee

Slappy McPhee New Member

I've already spent a few hours messing around with this so I'm pretty irritated at this point as it really should not be that difficult. I'm attempting to use my own copy of Windows 10 LTSC however even though I can place this USB drive into any other machine and have the Windows bootloader launch to prompt me to install I am immediately presented with the bio screen instead with this Bolt Gear. I am currently attempting to download and prepare to install with the latest Windows Media creation tool however if that does work then I will be very upset. Some may ask why it is I would be very upset and mainly the reason would be that I should not have to use either Windows 10 home or Windows 10 Pro without the ability to use my Enterprise license.

If anybody has any insight to this it would be wonderfully appreciated. I was able to test to ensure that the USB drives are recognized via Linux live boot. I was also able to use Lakka without issue so I do know that the USB ports and logic are functional.

Whenever I plug in my USB drives with Windows 10 LTSB, LTSC, or Pro in the BIOS Boot menu the drive merely shows as "USB Device".

2. Slappy McPhee

Slappy McPhee New Member

UPDATE: Windows 10 is installing with the Media Creation Tool via the MS website. I will do some performance testing, but unless a viable answer is provided on how to install an ISO that works with corporate/enterprise licensing this device will be going back for a full refund.

3. Erkki

Erkki UDOOer

It is possible to install Win 10 via USB media as that is what I did. It has been a while, but as I recall it I needed to first add the USB device to the boot priority list and then update the boot priority order to place the correct USB device on top of the list.

4. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

Depending how you created the bootable it might not be UEFI enabled, try Legacy Boot.