UDOO BOLT not seeing SSD

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Slea, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Slea

Slea UDOOer

I have a Kickstarter UDOO BOLT V8, needless to say it's been in its box a while. I have BIOS V1.04 and a green dot fan. It boots the BIOS fine and differences in BIOS EFI update instructions to actual files lead me here. I decided to go ahead and install UBUNTU 19.04 after reading all the BIOS update issues and since my fan seems to be fine.
    In SATA presence the BIOS shows "Standard (CN14) SATA" being connected but when I go to install on UBUNTU it only reads the bootable usb as an available place to install to.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Slea

Slea UDOOer

Update: While looking for Sata options in the Bios I noticed the SSD didnt show connected, after playing with the power port It connected and installed an OS fine, but later lost connection without being touched. The problem is the power plug connection is very loose, how can this be fixed?

3. Slea

Slea UDOOer

Well I used tape on the plug, and seems fine now, thanks all! Very professional cure for brand new crap!

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

5. Slea

Slea UDOOer

Its the white connector on the board side that was super loose. The SSD is brand new and Crucial brand!
    Thanks!

6. Slea

Slea UDOOer

Let me be more clear, the cable plug is super loose in the white connector,

7. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Well, that is very strange as these are normally tight connectors. I would advise you to open a customer care support ticket https://ticket.udoo.org/open.php

8. Slea

Slea UDOOer

Thank you, I will do that!