Cable kit

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by venkatbo, Jan 30, 2014.

1. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Hi,

There used to be a cable kit pkg for about 15 US$. Has it been discontinued ?
    All I see is the $30 starter kit...

thanks,
    /venkat

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Yes the cable kit is no more available. I'll let you know If it will return available

3. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

It'll help to bring back the basic cable kit.
    That price was more reasonable. Paying $30 just to use the cables is too much.
    First of all, the JST's used are non-standard. Then this...
    Why do board designers build a good spec'd board and make it a pain to use it with off the shelf accessories...
    I Just don't get it !.

/venkat

4. dgustavus

dgustavus New Member

Just a quick comment on cable kits. For the kickstarters, a cable kit that contains the parts unique to UDOO would be more useful. I already have an HDMI cable, power supply and SD card. What I need now are the parts unique to the UDOO which are the SATA power, extra USB and battery connector. To add parts that were already shipped to kickstarters means I have to buy those parts twice in order to get the parts that were not shipped to kickstarters.

Yes, I know I am slow getting my UDOO, but I live in another country and have to wait until a trip back to the USA to pick up my Quad. At that time I will need to have all the necessary parts, or wait another six months to get them.

Thanks for listening, Duane

5. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

dgustavus, you're right. I guess the only solution is to buy the items you need in a different shop. Btw we're working to improve our shop and to create kits that could be useful for everyone.

6. gosciak

gosciak New Member

How about at least providing a comprehensive cable/connector list on a wiki with suggested sources. That would at least help with correct info from the "horse's mouth" as they say.