micro SD doesn't boot

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by maugan, Nov 14, 2020.

1. maugan

maugan UDOOer

Hello,

I try to use Udoobuntu as OS in a UDOO neo board to use it as an Arduino. I try a day long to boot the OS without success. I have always a green led light on and the red led light off.

I used many different way to create bootable micro sd card :

on linux Ubuntu by commande line and with Etcher.
    on Windows 7 with Win32Diskimager
    (I followed the tuto on udooneo/docs)

I used many different USB cables to link the udoo neo to my computer and I try on 2 different micro sd card (16GB and 32GB).
    I try the both Udoobuntu : without any GUI and with a full LXDE desktop environment.

Nothing changed. I have again and again the green led light on and the red led light off.

Do you have an idea of what could be my problem ? What did I do wrong ? What could I try ?

Thank you !

2. Magni97

Magni97 UDOOer

Dear Maugan. This was The same issue I had and after two hours managed to solve it so I will tell what it worked for me. Unfortunately there are many possible reasons why is not booting. In my case the Win32Diskimager did not work even if it returned a successful alert.
    First of all you must be sure that the board gets enough power and then try with a different software to flash the sd card (there are several), I used Balena Etcher for macOS, but there is also a windows version.

3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Did you connect it with a monitor (or TV) with HDMI? Do you see the Udoo logo?
    Because green light should be on and red light should be off after boot (if I remember correctly).

4. Kai_Nguyen

Kai_Nguyen New Member

Sorry, Did you solve the problems ? I have the same problem as you. Thanks for your help !