Microphone not working on Udoo Bolt Gear

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by alex k, Aug 3, 2020.

1. alex k

alex k New Member

Hello all, just got my Udoo Bolt Gear up and running with debian 10.5. But I can't seem to get the microphone jack working.

I have a microphone with a TRRS connection, which connects to other devices, but when I plug it in the udoo microphone jack, nothing shows up in the settings of the input sound.

2. michael yurkoski

michael yurkoski New Member

I too have this issue. I plug in a microphone, and have tried both T/S and T/R/R/S and it simply "detects" and enables a stereo output with no microphone. I cannot seem to get it set to a microphone input.

Is there any way to force this "headset" port to an input? I need it to be a microphone input for my application.

Thanks!
    MJY

3. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

4. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

I am using Buster Debian and microphone input works out of the box, though the problem for me is as I have no HDMI audio and using the audio jacks, but can not switch between the speaker (rear jack) to the TRRS (front output) like I do in Windows 10, though have not tinkered with it enough yet to get the audio config working properly.

5. michael yurkoski

michael yurkoski New Member

CCS, i did ensure that the correct pinout was used (CTIA, not OMTP). However, this application has a custom TRRS harness, so I need to looks further into the detection standard, to ensure the impedances match what we're trying to do.