Very slow after bios upgrade

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Stefano Tognon, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Stefano Tognon

Stefano Tognon UDOOer

Finally I was able to update the firmware from the one from kickstarter to the latest.

What is happened now is that all is very slow in bios operation.

For example, before bios upgrade I press start button, after 2 seconds the fan starts, led is green an bios makes the Udoo Bolt logo and soon after Fedora is loading (and so in 30 seconds or less the system was up).

Now I press the start button and no activities is done for 10 seconds, then fan and led started.
    Screen stay black for more that 30 seconds, then the Udoo Bolt logo appears and before some activities started, another minutes is passed. So finally the system starts after in more that 3 minutes.

If during the boot I press ESC for entering the bios, the time is still the same.
    Bios managing is fast. but when I press the save and exit function, it is no more istantaneus as before, but around 20 seconds are required before the system restarted.

This is very very strange.

The unique advantage of this bios is tan fan run at a given speed, before it run at full speed for 5
    seconds, then stop for five seconds and go on.

But this wait boot time is almost useless for using the Bolt as TV media player like now :(

2. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

Quoting from https://www.udoo.org/docs-gear/BIOS_UEFI_and_Tools/BIOS_UEFI_Update.html
    • After flashing is complete, power off the board, disconnect and reconnect the power cable.
    • When you reconnect the power, wait up to 3 minutes and a couple of reboots until you see the newer version of the firmware of Embedded Controller and USB-C Controller in the configuration screen.
    • It takes a few restarts for the update to be completely installed, and there's no visual feedback on that yet. In the meantime, the system and the boot phase might be slower.

3. Stefano Tognon

Stefano Tognon UDOOer

Right, It seems that I had unplugged the power cable too fast when I make the operation and the power unit still alimentate the unit during this time with his residual capacity.

Unplugged for 20 seconds and now it run fast as before.

thanks