bolt won't start

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by zhangster, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

Done. Do Udoo staff respond to support tickets? I've raised a ticket there before on a different issue which was never answered...

2. hybotics

hybotics UDOOer

Their customer service does not exist as far as I am concerned. I have a Bolt V8 and it just ceased to boot anything. It will not even boot a USB install stick, whether it is Linux or Windows. This is my only computer and I am not happy right now. If I had known what I know now about the UDOO folks, I would have never purchased anything from them.

3. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

Update: I've been reaching out to Udoo, and they've deemed this to be a case for RMA. I ordered through a third-party supplier, so I've begun that process there - however the supplier apparently must follow Udoo's policies and refer back to them. Hopefully Udoo can expedite this and confirm, so that the RMA can go ahead with the supplier...

4. hybotics

hybotics UDOOer

Is this in your case or do you think it covers my case as well? I am on a fixed income and can not just afford to go out and buy another $400.00+ replacement board.

8-Dale

5. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

If you've been sold a defective unit and you're within the warranty, you have rights.

6. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

This update refers to my own case.

7. hybotics

hybotics UDOOer

I may be out of luck then. I will have to look and see when I bought it and what the warranty period is. I have had it longer than three months.

8. Tractor

Tractor UDOOer

So here's a final update on my dead unit. It is alas as hybotics has stated:

The courtesy of their online liaison person cannot whitewash the fact that this Udoo customer was left hanging for months before I could finally return the unit, by which time the job for which the unit was intended was long past, and I was left with chasing a refund... so this was a major waste of time, and a major disappointment. Caveat emptor boys and gurlz. If you're looking for after-sales technical support, or indeed anything timely, look elsewhere. It's a shame, because the Bolt is a fine idea, but a purchase of over half a grand where its manufacturing company won't stand behind it just doesn't fly.

As a footnote:
    Stay well away from Mouser. Udoo's first own goal in this story is that their online shop wouldn't work, so I bought the Bolt Gear through Mouser instead. When the Bolt had failed after its first 40 minutes of operation, the process of dealing with these guys in Mouser was also like pulling teeth, weeks of being handed around from department to department. Only when I suggested the option of legal action did the refund appear; had Udoo's shop been working, I might have been spared this part of the misadventure.

All in all, this has easily been the worst online purchase experience I've had to date, and I've been around a while. Not happy.

Udoo take note.

9. hybotics

hybotics UDOOer

I am in the same boat! My UDOO V8 just stopped booting anything at all!! It would not boot from USB either and that includes FRESH boot media, so I could not reinstall Windows or Linux on it. I had a 1TB Seagate Firecuda SSD and 32Gb memory in it. UDOO could not solve any of the issues I had with my board. Because I can not find the receipt for my purchase from their own website I can not get a refund for anything I bought from them. That includes the case and power supply they recommend for the Bolt V8. I will NEVER buy anything that is made by UDOO again!!

I am NOT happy about this!!

10. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, yes we had some major hiccups with the ticketing service, and after sending your messages over to the higher-ups the whole system has changed and we're helping the new hires find their footing in the new environment. Plus the main billing/shipping person is back from maternity leave, so things are improving and will be back to normal shortly.

I wish to apologize to all of you for the delays, because our goal is to have always happy customers and give you quality products to work with.

@Tractor thank you for sharing your thoughts in public as well, I am constantly trying to get my superiors to know what's working and what's not, in order to direct our efforts efficiently.

@hybotics actually we should be able to track down your receipt using your data, I'm not directly involved in that but it seems reasonable. Could you please reply privately with your ticket number? Thank you!