UdooX86 Ultra (old model) Wifi antennas and cables for official Udoo metal case (M2 Wifi BT module)

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by stecolumna, Oct 31, 2021.

1. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear Udooers,

When I bought my UdooX86 Ultra (old model) as soon as it was put on the market after the closing of the Kichstarter campaign I also bought the Wifi and BT M2 module but the antennas were not provided.
    Up to now I have used wifi usb key but now I can no longer install it on Debian 11 so I would like to activate the Wifi module BT M2 with the antennas.
    In the online SBC documentation is described the right model even with the photograph, but I cannot find the product in UdooShop. https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_&_Accessories/Official_Accessories.html
    2x IPEX MFH-4(W.FL) to RP-SMA cables
    2x RP-SMA antennas
    If this product is not available in the UdooShop, please suggest me an Italian distributor where to buy it. I would not like to buy a cable that is not compatible with the connections of the M2 module and the antennas with a ferrule having a pitch different from the hole in the official Udoo metal case.

Best regards and thanks in advance for the answers,
    Stefano Colonna

[italiano]
    cari Udooers,
    Quando ho acquistato la mia UdooX86 Ultra (vecchio modello) non appena era stata messa in commercio dopo la chiusura della campagna Kichstarter ho comprato anche il modulo Wifi e BT M2 ma non erano fornite le antenne.
    Fino ad oggi ho usato una chiavetta wifi usb ma ora non riesco più a installarla su Debian 11 quindi vorrei attivare il modulo Wifi BT M2 con le antenne.
    Nella documentazione online della SBC viene descritto il modello giusto anche con la fotografia ma non riesco a trovare il prodotto in UdooShop.
    https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_&_Accessories/Official_Accessories.html
    2x IPEX MFH-4(W.FL) to RP-SMA cables
    2x RP-SMA antennas
    Nel caso in cui questo prodotto non fosse disponibile nell'UdooShop vi prego di suggerirmi un distributore italiano dove acquistarlo. Non vorrei comprare un cavo non compatibile con le connessioni del modulo M2 e delle antenne con un una ghiera di passo diverso dal foro presente nel case ufficiale metallico di Udoo.

Con i migliori saluti e ringraziamenti anticipati per le risposte,
    Stefano Colonna

2. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

I can offer 1/2 part of the answer...
    The RF connector on the M.2 module will be MHF4 (a.k.a. IPEX4) connector. The tiniest one.
    The other end will be the matching connector for your screw-on rubber-ducky antenna (typically 2.4GHz version.)
    It might be male or female, SMA or other format.

stecolumna likes this.
  3. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear ccs_hello,
    thank you very much for the answer,
    Stefano Colonna

4. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

[english]
    I bought 2x IPEX MFH-4(W.FL) to RP-SMA cables and
    2x RP-SMA antennas from my trusted electronics dealer and the antennas were fine but the cables did not fit because the connector was too big. I searched the internet for 2x IPEX MFH-4(W.FL) to RP-SMA cables but could not find them. Does anyone happen to know an online retailer?
    Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Stefano Colonna

[italiano]
    Ho comprato 2x IPEX MFH-4(W.FL) to RP-SMA cavi e
    2x RP-SMA antenne dal mio rivenditore di elettronica di fiducia e le antenne andavano bene ma i cavi non andavano bene perchè il connettore era troppo grande. Ho cercato su internet i cavi 2x IPEX MFH-4(W.FL) to RP-SMA ma non li ho trovati. Qualcuno conosce per caso un rivenditore online?
    Grazie anticipato per le risposte.
    Stefano Colonna