Board is missing some PCI-e devices

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by ObscureScience, Jan 18, 2022.

1. ObscureScience

ObscureScience New Member

I bought a batch of three Udoo Bolt V8s and one of them has very crippling hardware issues.
    In general it works correctly, with normal performance.

However, some of the PCI-e devices are not available. From what I can see, Ethernet and NVME.

They are completely gone in every OS I have tried, and behavior suggests even from firmware.
    There are no related errors in OS boot up logs.

Additionally the power LED behaves strangely. When connected to power it's completely off, and when started it use the amber LED.

The Arduino LED flashes normally.

The other two works correctly, with devices present and green LED when running.

Would you from this description be able to determine what kind of problem this is, eg. power delivery to a section of the board? And if so, could it be solve by a simple replacement of a component?

2. evaloverde

evaloverde Administrator Staff Member

3. ObscureScience

ObscureScience New Member

Hi evaloverde,

Yeah I did that before posting here actually. Just thought there might be some creative minds having some clues.

I'm getting more inclined to believe that there is some power delivery issue. It's having even worse behaviour now.
    Generally I can't boot it with both RAM sticks any more, it doesn't even POST, just sit there and heat up without the fan starting. But if I use either stick in either slot it generally works. Also with an Intel ax200 wifi+bt card in the m.2 slot only the bluetooth component show up in OSes, while on the good boards the same card works flawlessly.