USBC DP alternate mode output not working

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by marcoAlfamation, Apr 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. marcoAlfamation

marcoAlfamation UDOOer

Hello,

I just received my UDOO bolt V3 board, and I'm starting to test it.
    So far pretty much everything is OK, except the one and only feature I need the board for :( , the USBC alternate mode Displayport output.

I use this adapter to plug it to the monitor:
    https://www.reichelt.com/de/en/usb-3-1-cable-c-male-to-dp-male-1-2-m-goobay-79295-p214745.html?r=1
    But it acts like nothing is connected at all.

The OS installed is Ubuntu 21.10, and I plat to replace it with 22.04 once is out.

Xrandr just tell me :
    DP-1 Disconnected (...
    DP-2 Disconnected (...

Do you have any clue about what can be wrong?

Thanks,

Marco

2. gl0p

gl0p UDOOer

Hey, I know Ubuntu 21 and 22 are "expeirmental" in a way, meaning their not as fully tested as say 20. Some features may not work. I would try other operating systems, like Ubuntu 20 or windows 10 and see if your still having the same issue.

In Ubuntu you can use "dmesg | grep hdmi" to see if its being initialized at all. If there are any errors you could google them and see what people say.

3. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Always install the most current AMD CPU/GPU driver (Ryzen V1605B)!

re: DP-1 Disconnected (...
    Is it possibe it was due to HDCP negotiation error?

I know the following config will always work:
    1. Find a universal USB-C "USB 3.x hub + HDMI output + SD Crd reader" all-in-one unit.
    Plug that unit's USB-C male side into UDOO Bolt's USB-C female port. (You can even power the BOLT thru that unit.)

2. Connect a HDMI-to-HDMI (male-male) cable from that all-in-one unit to a known-working HDMI monitor.

4. marcoAlfamation

marcoAlfamation UDOOer

It's connected to a normal monitor and i coud not find anything HDCP related in the bios settings.

Unfortunately i need DP alternate mode to work properly, even if this setup works it would make no difference.

I have an update about my previous post:
    It's the hotplug that is not working, if I start with the port connected the display stays on.
    If you try to plug and unplug the USB C with your adapter, do you get the video back?

I tested the same cable with the same monitor and the same HDD (with the software) with a laptop with a thunderbolt port, works flawlessly.

I would also say that the OS or the software has little to do with this, since i can reproduce the problem even when navigating the bios.

I guess there is something with the firmware handling the PD protocol.

My setup equal to the most basic USB-DP test setup, i think this feature has been tested and proved working...

Thanks for your reply!

5. bhojak

bhojak UDOOer

Bridal Lehenga Supplier In India
    [​IMG]

One of them is the Bridal lehenga, which is not a common lehenga however, it is the most special lehenga worn by a girl not even in India but across the globe. It is a dream lehenga, which every bride wants for her wedding day to make it a delightful and memorable day. Therefore, we are the preeminent bridal lehenga supplier in India. Now, no need to travel from one wholesaler to another wholesaler in search of a trustworthy bridal lehenga wholesaler, just tell us your necessities and we will create your bridal lehenga as per requirement at an affordable price at your doorstep.