bluetooth issues in bolt gear

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by jpsollie, Apr 4, 2022.

1. jpsollie

jpsollie UDOOer

I'm trying to get the bolt host a PAN AP,
    but I have issues with the bluetooth setup:
    currently, I got a wifi set with 2 default antennas in a bolt gear
    but bluetoothctl scan only shows LE devices very close to the device itself,
    which makes me think I'm doing something wrong at placing the antennas.
    Currently, they are just floating inside the box, but do they need a special setup?
    Also, when I replace the wifi card with a intel 9560 to have bt 5.0 support, it is not detected at all: no wifi chip on pci, and no bt chip on usb.
    Any ways I could improve the situation?

2. NickGR

NickGR UDOOer

The Intel Wireless-AC 9560 is a CNVIo card, it is only compatible with some Intel processors as it is missing the processing parts which are in the CPU it self and is only a radio module to attach to the CPU doing all the MAC things.
    For my antenna setup I got two 15cm "ipex mhf4 to rp-sma" which nicely screw in the back on the Gear case and attached two normal 2.4GHz antennas, managed to pair my headphones, the phone and other things but haven't done any internet sharing yet but should guess it will work as it pairing normally and can send audio and files back and forth.

3. AlfUpaTree

AlfUpaTree UDOOer

I had poor wifi results with the antennas unattached inside the box.

Moved them to this location (Just about dooable with the stock hardware! Hold the motherboard at 90' to the case and standing towards this pre cut hole to make replacing the *tiny* little coax connections as easy as it can be..)
    IMG_1460.JPG

Wifi got much better, bluetooth working perfectly though didn't test that prior to changing this...

Think I'll upgrade further to dedicated antennas but I'd say this would be decent unless you need above average performance.