15" screen problems.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tadpole1, Feb 7, 2014.

1. tadpole1

tadpole1 New Member

Hello everyone!
    I've spent several days and many hours on this, and can't seem to find a solution. So here I am..
    My problem:
    I'm unable to get my 15" screen to work with a udoo dual. I have followed the tutorials but no luck. The screen's backlight is on, but nothing appears on the screen. I have *updated* the bootloader (I think it is the bootloader at least) as per the tutorial.
    I have a serial connection to the device, and enter the parameters as follows for a debian installation:

setenv mmcargs setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${hdmi_patch} fbmem=24M video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WXGA,if=RGB24,bpp=32

saveenv

I have also tried using 1366x768M@60 instead of the LDB-WXGA, but that didn't help either.

In all cases it write to MCC(0) but upon boot, I get the following:

and then after reboot this:

From what I can see, the screen isn't being identified, but I am not sure why. It is plugged in properly and the USB is attatched to the 3rd USB connector (it is a touch 15").

The power supply is a 2A@12V.

Lastly, I am able to successfully revert it back to HDMI output with the corosponding commands, so I am 99.9% sure that my syntax with the attempt to get LBD-output is correct, unless there is a typo in the tutorial.
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance to whomever is gracious enough to answer.

-Jay

Attached Files:

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Hi, a couple of questions first:

i assume you're using Debian is that right?

You bought the 15" in our shop?

Your syntax is right but i'm not 100% sure it works in Debian. I'll give it a try as soon as i can. In the meanwhile try your LVDS with Ubuntu 12.04.

3. tadpole1

tadpole1 New Member

Hello and thank you for the Response!
    Yes, I am using Debian, and I did purchase the Screen in your shop. I'll give your Suggestion a go, and again, I do appreciate you looking into this.
    Many thanks!

Jay

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

I tried the LVDS 15" with Debian (last release from http://www.udoo.org/downloads/) and it works! I paste the env below just to be sure:

setenv mmcargs setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} root=${mmcroot} ${hdmi_patch} fbmem=24M video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WXGA,if=RGB24,bpp=32

The only thing i can suggest you is to reflash your SD card with a brand new Debian and try again.

Let me know.

5. miousername

miousername New Member

Hi,

Which is the result of this command?

root@debian#cat /proc/cmdline