What about Lifeboat_Jim

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delba, Feb 27, 2014.

1. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

What happened to Lifeboat_Jim? You guys got any news? He stopped writing since Dec 20...

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

Dunno... Haven't seen him, but haven't really been looking either.

I'll see if I can catch him on the IRC channel... I haven't logged in there in a while, and when I did the traffic was totally dead.

Gotta do something to get interest back up. Seems like the folks who were excited early on have moved on to other things. I'm personally looking forward to finishing graduate school in 3 weeks so I can actually have time to play with my Udoo!

3. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

You're totally right, we need to do something really cool to stimulate the interest to the community (projects, new versions, other stuff). If you guys have any ideas...

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

I havent talked to Jim either so i am not sure.

On the topic of revitalizing, i will say a couple things..
    i am starting up a review/blog website and the UDOO and its various setups will appear in articles int he coming months. Im hoping that i will gain some tracking in various maker/tech communities beforehand. I doing it with the guy from Fried Circuits and we have a few contacts to hopefully get some attention. From a publicity stand point i think it may help.

Now from a product standpoint i think there are a few things that need to happen
    But let me start a new post in this forum, i will list some thoughts and we can discuss there so we dont hijack this unrelated thread

5. Feldur

Feldur UDOOer

Chances are there will be lots of us coming here once the UDOO Keys are in our hands. It's been really painful trying to understand (and therefore plan for) when that will be, though - I suspect most people are doing things with better payoff until they receive boards