Ubuntu 18.04 for UDOO Neo

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Francesco, Sep 23, 2019.

1. cyrilf

cyrilf Active Member

Hi @Francesco,
    Thanks for your job on this kernel and this version of UDOObuntu. I faces the same problem as @Stuart. I've a LVDS 7'' touchscreen and the touch isn't working. Did you find a solution? How can I help?
    Bests,
    Cyril

2. CartonDu

CartonDu New Member

We could solve the issue @cyrilf and @Stuart asked about. The solution found was to add to file
    '90-st1232touchscreen.conf'
    the following line :
    'Option "IgnoreAbsoluteAxes" "off"'

So the complete '90-st1232touchscreen.conf' file looks like this :
    Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "Touchscreen"
    MatchProduct "st1232-touchscreen"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "IgnoreAbsoluteAxes" "off"
    Option "Calibration" "3 794 476 0"
    EndSection

We put the file in '/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/'

We have our own distribution compiled with Yocto but I think this might work with the Udoobuntu of @Francesco . The issue comes from the screen detected only with Rel X/Rel Y and not absolute axis. By default, X11 seems to ignore this with the 7" LVDS screen.

3. CartonDu

CartonDu New Member

Also for LVDS 7" touchscreen, some from Seco come with ST1232 touch IC and the newer ones come with ST1633 IC. In most recent version of Linux Kernel, the support in the st1232.c driver was added for the ST1633 also but in older ones, it could be not the case. I don't know how it's supported in Udoobuntu 18.04 but if your touchscreen is not working also try to check the version of the kernel and check in source if the support for ST1633 was added.

If the support for ST1633 is not added, you can try to do first a multi-touch (with 2 or 3 fingers at same time) and then the touch will be "activated". I have also a dirty patch (very hacky) for this in case you need it :
    Modify the following in drivers/input/touchscreen/st1232.c of Linux Kernel :

if (finger[0].is_valid) {
    finger[0].x = ((buf[2] & 0x0070) << 4) | buf[3];
    finger[0].y = ((buf[2] & 0x0007) << 8) | buf[4];
    finger[0].t = buf[8];
    finger[0].t = 255;
    }
    if (finger[1].is_valid) {
    finger[1].x = ((buf[5] & 0x0070) << 4) | buf[6];
    finger[1].y = ((buf[5] & 0x0007) << 8) | buf[7];
    finger[1].t = buf[9];
    finger[1].t = 255;
    }

4. Enrico Cirignaco

Enrico Cirignaco UDOOer

Same problem here. I can connect only to networks that have no password.
    I also tried to connect via terminal, without success. Here is a screeshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ECkwthBPf8AXPULx-tdfY1pKGEnCAnZr/view?usp=drivesdk

5. Enrico Cirignaco

Enrico Cirignaco UDOOer

I hade the same problem with the wifi. I managed to solve the problem via terminal.
    I used this command to connect to the wifi network: sudo nmcli d wifi connect <networkName> password <password>
    I found this on this link: ‎https://docs.ubuntu.com/core/en/stacks/network/network-manager/docs/configure-wifi-connections
    I hope it could help :)

6. Jinny

Jinny New Member

7. Matthew Braun

Matthew Braun UDOOer

For anyone running into issues with installing the udoofota-server and udoofota-serial services under 18.04, I threw together a quick gist of what I did to get things moving (posting as a file vs. inline for brevity's sake). It may not be the optimal way to do things, but it works for me at least!

Attached Files:

8. Gorgo

Gorgo UDOOer

Hi @Matthew Braun , does this fix A9/M4 Serial communication too? Once udoofota-server is installed and running, Android IDE can upload a sketch on UDOO Neo?

9. Matthew Braun

Matthew Braun UDOOer

Yep, it works for pushing sketches from the Arduino IDE over the network through to the M4. The one thing that I couldn't get to work under OS X was configuring the IDE to read from the remote port to get Serial Monitor output, but you can just telnet to the serial server port directly and read the output that way.

10. Zwentibold

Zwentibold New Member

Hello,
    I recently took my Neo out of its purgatory drawer to setup a smart home gateway and thought i would use this more recent ubuntu/kernel.
    I'm facing a problem though in that I can't make my Zigbee USB adapter to be recognized properly. It should be mounted as a ttyUSB* interface since its seen as a USB-serial adapter but it seems the kernel configuration removed this driver : https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/USB_SERIAL_CH341.html and it's not in the modules.

Do we have access to the build environment of this kernel ? And is this board still considered alive or should I go and use something else ?

Regards.

David Smerkous likes this.
  11. Roborigger

Roborigger UDOOer

Hi,
    I am trying to get CAN working in Udoo neo. But even if I try a custom device tree, it does not appear in ifconifig -a

Does someone know how to fix this on ubuntu 18.04?

Cheers

12. Gianpaolo Macario

Gianpaolo Macario New Member

According to https://shop.udoo.org/en/udoo-neo-full.html the UDOO NEO board is Available, so at least for what concerns the Hardware, it is - please see the attached screenshot

Concerning the Software support I have some doubts, though - please see my other post
    https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/updated-ssh-for-udoobuntu-2-3-0-on-udoo-neo.36889/

Attached Files:

13. Gorgo

Gorgo UDOOer

14. GT-Rex

GT-Rex UDOOer

I have tried the udoobuntu 18.04 on my udoo neo Basic and have found some problems, for now.
    Unlike 14.04 chromium it doesn't work but I solved it by installing firefox.
    Unlike 14.04 in the bottom bar to use the Italian keyboard I had to remove the us keyboard

15. David Smerkous

David Smerkous UDOOer

I think I found the kernel here https://github.com/fmntf/linux_kernel/tree/4.1.15_2.x-udoo. Not sure if the current beta 18.04 version is v1 or v2. I guess I'll have to find out.