Node.js not working in Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by timbergus, Jan 27, 2014.

1. timbergus

timbergus New Member

Hi all,

I am a JavaScripter that works with Node.js and Johnny-Five library to create servers to control hardware remotely, and when I installed Node.js in my Udoo Quad with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, I did not be able to make it work. When I try to use the node console, it freezes and the same happens with npm. I have installed everything as usual, and I even reinstalled the operative system, but it does not work. The weird thing is that I have tried the same in the beta of Debian, and all worked like a charm. Do you know any solutions to fix Node.js in Linaro Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

Installation process:

Code:
    wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v0.10.25/node-v0.10.25.tar.gz
    tar -zxvf node-v0.10.25.tar.gz
    cd node-v0.10.25
    ./configure --without-snapshot
    make
    sudo make install
    cd ..
    rm node-v0.10.25.tar.gz
    rm -r node-v0.10.25

2. rootScript

rootScript Member

3. timbergus

timbergus New Member

I have tried what is in that thread only with Node.js 0.10.25, but still not working. I will try to obtain an older version, but I'm not sure if it will work. I think the problem could be in missing libraries, but I can't find which one are missing. Libraries that are installed in Debian but not in Ubuntu.

4. Capstan

Capstan New Member

Did you manage to get node.js going? I did, what you want is pilwon's nodejs-for-linaro-ubuntu-master.zip available on github. No compile required, unzip it to get the binaries and you should be in business.

5. aterocana

aterocana New Member

Same problem. I had to compile v0.10.22, it seems it's last one working with Ubuntu LTS 12.04. :(

6. TomFreudenberg

TomFreudenberg Member

Hopefully this message is still interesting for you:

It is a problem based on the standard gcc 4.x which is installed on the lubuntu image by default.

Please check out my guide to get an up-to-date nodejs running on your systems:

http://meteor-universal.tumblr.com/post ... untu-12-04

Tom