Android programming requires an external computer?

Discussion in 'Android' started by TopherT1, Feb 13, 2014.

1. TopherT1

TopherT1 New Member

Hello, I am new to the Udoo and programming in general. I have been watching the tutorials on Android and Arduino communication and it looks like you always need an external computer to run the Android ADK. Why is that necessary? Is the Linux portion of the Udoo not capable of running the Android ADK to create apps? Please help clarify this for me in simple terms. Thanks!

2. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

An external computer is needed for develop and install the Android App on the "Android Processor", and for develop and install the arduino sketch on the "Arduino Processor".
    Both the app and the sketch have to implement in their codes the ADK protocol like explain the tutorial:
    http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTuto...simple-hello-world-tutorial/?portfolioID=1394

Once the Android application and the Arduino sketch is installed on the two UDOO's processors you no longer need an external PC (only for debugging if you need it). The two programs run on udoo communicating with each other without the need for anything else.

3. YannXplorer

YannXplorer New Member

Hi,

An other way is to use AIDE application free on Play Store. This is a IDE for Java and C (JNI) to build android application. It's a very easy to use application.

See you later.
    Enjoy!