UDOO third USB adaptor

Discussion in 'UDOO 101' started by ktateishi, Feb 19, 2014.

1. ktateishi

ktateishi New Member

Hi, I just received my UDOO quad, I am very impressed. So far I have been able to successfully test Android, Ubuntu, and Volumio. No major problems so far.

One minor issues is that the add-on USB port (from the "Starter Kit USA") is not being recognized. I've plugged the socket onto the board and rebooted, but it doesn't recognize a USB mouse. The mouse works in the other sockets.

Do I need to change any software settings or hardware jumpers to activate the "third USB adaptor"?

Thanks
    Kevin

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

That's weird, the third USB adaptor shouldbe ready to use. Maybe there's something wrong with the adaptor :S

3. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

My micro USB, the OTG on android, not work on Linux, i connect any thing, and not work. Only I can work with normal usb connectors. (2)
    Please I need fix this.

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

I have just tested my cable (from the UDOO Starter kit as well)
    It works fine, no issues. Tested with a Mouse

Make sure you are using the latest Linaro/Ubuntu 12.04 image and if you have a DMM you can also do a continuity check of the cables/pins

5. ktateishi

ktateishi New Member

I don't have a multimeter but I did try the cable again with a clean Ubuntu 12.04 image from the Udoo download page. No luck, the USB mouse doesn't get any power through the cable. The mouse's led doesn't turn on. The led turns on immediately when plugged into the other USB sockets.

6. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Hmm i am not sure what else to try.. without a DMM you cant really 'prove' if the cable is bad or if the port is bad.
    But in your case it def sounds like 'something' is bad

Maybe someone else wil have a better idea on how to test it out, but the DMM was the only way i could thing of

7. ktateishi

ktateishi New Member

I picked up a multimeter today, so I did some further testing:

With the cord plugged in and the multi meter probes on the outside usb contacts. I am seeing good results: 5V and .3A.

However no usb device is being recognized, and no usb device is lighting up at all. I've tried 2 usb mice and a usb keyboard and a wireless keyboard dongle, none of their led's turn on with the cable. They all light up and work fine in the UDOO's other USB sockets.

8. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

Same problem for me, 3rd usb (micro-usb), not work on linux or android, please staff, I need change a jumper or samething?,

sorry for my english

9. andcmp

andcmp New Member

The third USB adaptor should work out of the box.
    Be sure your UDOO is updated to the latest Linaro/Ubuntu image available;
    Be sure your power supply (and the board in general) is properly working;
    If you have a multi meter, test if the third USB connector on the board outputs 5V on the two external pins, then plug the adaptor and check if it outputs the 5V as well.
    Use DMM to check for plugged hardware.

If the adaptor still doesn't work I would suggest to open a ticket for further assistance. http://www.udoo.org/customer-care/