XBMC release

Discussion in 'XBMC' started by wolfgar, Dec 6, 2013.

1. fabulou$

fabulou$ New Member

Hi all,

Flac plays perfectly using analog output, but I have to turn level up otherwise I hear nothing.
    using HDMI , sound level is OK.

Does anybody have the same problem ?
    Is there an option in XBMC ?

Thx
    F@b

2. TopherT1

TopherT1 New Member

Is it possible for someone to provide a link to the image file rather than the xz compressed file? I am having issues with running xz on my Windows 7 computer.

3. Keridos

Keridos New Member

Is there a way to upgrade the system without having to reset everything?

4. fabulou$

fabulou$ New Member

Did you manage to connect S/PDIF ? I'm very interested with digital output using MPD.

5. Viper780

Viper780 New Member

I've tested the "lateset" Image from Stephan (aka wolfgar). But after ~30min of video watching the udoo run hot and everything froze.

any one else have the same problem?

6. Nexxy

Nexxy New Member

Yep, can confirm this. After adding an active cooler to the udoo .. it runs much better.

1 Problem is still remaining .. After i watched a full length movie (~2h) and stop it .. i cant load or restart another movie.

Another Problem i got is that i cant shutdown xbmc / linux within xbmc .. i always have to connect to the ssh server via wlan and
    shutdown -h now
    :)

Greetings
    Nex

7. wolfgar

wolfgar New Member

Hi

A few days ago, I built a new image for udooq based on the very last development (and a version synced with gotham final ) :
    https://stephan-rafin.net/owncloud/publ ... 2672ff507c
    As there are some alternatives to use the imx6 xbmc now, I do not advertise it a lot but it is available if you want to give it a try...

Best regards
    Stephan

8. Viper780

Viper780 New Member

Thx Stephan for your effort.
    Will give it a try in the next few days.
    Is there the new u-boot and kernel from udoo integrated? last time i looked u used and older one.

many many thanks
    Daniel

9. wolfgar

wolfgar New Member

Hi Daniel

Sorry, no I have overlooked the new kernel/uboot versions... where is the new kernel version ?

Regards
    Stephan

10. Viper780

Viper780 New Member

11. wolfgar

wolfgar New Member

Thank you Daniel

I am fine for uboot but are you sure the kernel is a new version ?
    Or at least what do you exactly mean by new version ?

Stéphan

12. MultivlaaiTaart

MultivlaaiTaart New Member

Please excuse my newbie-ness, but is it possible to run XBMC standalone on, say, a regular install of debian wheezy?
    I would like to run apache, mysql and some other applications as well on my udoo.
    I would really appriciate any help.

regards,
    MultivlaaiTaart

13. Viper780

Viper780 New Member

Hi MultivlaaiTaart

sure you can install it on an plain Linux installation. But not this image ;) This is an linux with very low demands and booting directly into XBMC

regards
    Daniel

P.S.
    @Stéphan
    I only see that the KErnel has a newer date. But the U-Boot is the old one, i guess i made an mistake here with the uboot

14. aureq

aureq New Member

@MultivlaaiTaart

This can be relatively easily achieved by following this guide. how-make-you-own-debian-xbmc-image-t1320.html
    I used a Debian 7 and that's not too complex.

15. GunterO

GunterO New Member

Hi,

First of all, thank you for all your efforts! Very much appreciated!

Setup: I'm using a Quad UDOO. Audio over HDMI. Samsung UE46D8000

Sorry, but I have some questions, issues:
    1. When I use yocto v0.0.4, video playback is fine, however, when I use v0.0.6, playback is very choppy. There seems to be some kind of diagonal retrace line in the upper part of the picture, and it looks like the video is somewhat slow motion.
    Same video files, same configuration/setup. Any idea what could cause this?
    2. With both versions, audio passthrough over HDMI is not working.

For "daily use", I use a x86 setup with OpenElec 4.0.4 to compare with, and for instance, audio over HDMI is working fine with that box, all the other components (TV/Amplifier/...) are the same.

Thanks for your help.

16. salouma

salouma Member

Same issue for me with diagonal line....

17. mmeinert

mmeinert Member

Hi all,

I just ordered my udoo quad ( 15 minutes ago :) ) after I saw posts here and on Stephan's blog.
    My main interest with the board is for the use of a multimedia system based on xbmc/openelec but I'm curious of all and the arduino compatibility is the thing that made me considering udoo over utilite/chromebox/NUC/...

So, during the wait of receiving my precious, I already downloaded udooq_yocto_v0.0.6 as the 0.0.4 image from Stephan ( merci ;) ) cfr. @GunterO and @salouma.

I'd like to use a remote controller, as I have understood, CEC is not properly working so the choices are :
    - USB IR . Any will work ?
    - IR receiver module and LIRCD. I saw on the Stephan's blog (once more) http://stephan-rafin.net/blog/2014/01/0 ... -receiver/ , in the comments, that's not working on udoo board. Is it right ? any other component would work ?
    - other ?

Thank you all and have a very nice day

18. GunterO

GunterO New Member

Hi,

I tested the UdooQ with a HP MCE remote set (remote & USB receiver) which you can find at a very cheap price on eBay.
    Some buttons weren't working as it should be, but I guess you can fix this by altering the keyboard.xml file.
    Also, you need to boot the UdooQ with the receiver plugged in the USB port. You can't make a "hot" connection for some reason.
    With my OpenELEC x86 box, I can plug it on the fly.

The hardware is very nice, with a lot of potential, but I'm afraid the user interest is not as high as on x86 boxes where the XBMC implementation is more matured in my humble opinion. Hopefully OpenELEC is going to support it soon (via the announced Solidrun CuBox-I support).

Good luck!

19. mmeinert

mmeinert Member

Thank you for your answer, i will give the HP MCE a look.
    Crossing finger for the OpenELEC support or for a new wonderful udooq_yocto_v0.0.x image ;)

BB

20. mmeinert

mmeinert Member

Hi there,

So, I received my board this afternoon, tried the yocto_v0.0.6 from Stephan Rafin and it's working with only one issue, the shutdown/reboot/hibernate function freeze the system but I can make a switch.
    So, no choppy playback and no problem with audio over hdmi (I though I also had the volume issue but default audio was -26dB, I changed to 0...)
    I browsed my upnp nas and even 1080p mkv's played without problem on my gigabit network.

What I also changed is disabling RSS feeds and the default language and control the interface with Yatse http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget

I use a 32 GB class 10 microSD card but it shouldn't have an influence.
    May I help anyone with tests results, logs, anything ?

@wolfgar thank you for your work, I'll see how you did this work to try myself to update the image with the current version of XBMC.