7" LVDS Display on Quad

Discussion in 'Android' started by blaze8218, Mar 9, 2014.

1. blaze8218

blaze8218 New Member

Udoo Quad using OSX 10.9.2 serial tools.
    I have downloaded the newest image of android as of 7MAR14

I have multiple SD Cards for backup purposes. Initially loading android without doing any configurations, the image works fine using HDMI

When i try to use the 7" display it doesnt show a display very well as if with the old analog tvs you need to adjust the image just to get a clear picture.

Whats interesting is i can use the touch aspect of the screen however i cannot see anything. Thats only because i plugged back in my monitor to see if it disabled HDMI.

Im probably missing something im betting that its more of a USER error than a hardware error. I do not have extensive knowledge with programming, my level of knowledge is a beginner.

2. Decion

Decion New Member

From your description it occurs that you didn't change the boot config to LVDS via the serial console. Here is the official tutorial for that:

http://www.udoo.org/ProjectsAndTutorial ... lioID=1394

The link does not describe a procedure doing this from OSX, though, just Linux or Windows, so I'm not sure if this helps. However, before I did that, I had the same issue and outcome than you, so I think this is what's missing.

3. blaze8218

blaze8218 New Member

ive been able to change the parameters for the display but with the same results. just for troubleshooting i decided to load ubuntu, update it and finally get the display working however it looks super blurry.

but thats getting off topic a little, how would i update the uboot for android? the directions on are not clear for updating on Android if at all it only explains Ubuntu

4. Decion

Decion New Member

Not sure if I understand that. The above link clearly states for Android 7' LVDS:

Does this work for you? For me it did.

5. mdcostas

mdcostas New Member

Hello.

I followed the tutorial, but when I run the en segunta

(setenv bootargs console = ttymxc1, 115200 init = / init video = mxcfb0: dev = LDB, LDB-WVGA, if = RGB666, bpp = 32 video = mxcfb1: off video = mxcfb2: off fbmem = vmalloc = 400M 28M androidboot.console = ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware = freescale mem = 1024M)

I get an error, telling me / system / bin / sh: setenv: not found

Why is this happening?

Thanks, greetings.

6. iddqd

iddqd Member

You need to do stop boot proccess and enter that command in Uboot bootloader (launch your terminal program, power on udoo board and press any key when it prompts to stop boot proccess as stated in the tutorial)
    You are trying to execute command from android itself.