LVD 7" Screen - can't see nav bar

Discussion in 'Android' started by kmxs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. kmxs

kmxs New Member

Hi guys, sorry if this a stupid question or has been answered. I've been trying to search here and google but I can't seem to find the answer.

I just got my UDOO Quad, and 7" touch screen. I've installed android and setup the boot string with the string I'll paste below. My problem is that I can't see the navbar that is supposed to be on the bottom of the android screen that contains the back button. The space for the navbar is there it just isn't rendering.

setenv bootargs console=ttymxc1,115200 init=/init video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,LDB-WVGA,if=RGB666,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:eek:ff video=mxcfb2:eek:ff fbmem=28M vmalloc=400M androidboot.console=ttymxc1 androidboot.hardware=freescale mem=1024M

2. Decion

Decion New Member

That is known issue that was commented lately by a Udoo Dev in this forum to be fixed with the next Android version. Hopefully that is the case.

In fact the nav bar (or at least one of the buttons) is not really missing but was moved to the right end of the screen. You may notice that there's a black zone at the right end of the screen, which doesn't seem to be correct. If you tip the right end of it, it's like the "go back" button of the menu bar. So at least that is working, more or less, but of course it needs to be fixed in general.

3. dzondo

dzondo New Member

And when we can expect new version? :shock: :?:

4. Decion

Decion New Member

I'd be a lucky guy if I'd know that., as I'm eagerly waiting for it, too. Unfortunately there is no schedule or roadmap plan from the devs, which I'd really appreciate to see, at least so that things can roughly be expected and it's clear what the devs are working on. (@all : If I'm wrong and there is such a plan presented somewhere, please point me to it.). So I guess it's like "when it's done", somewhere the next days or maybe weeks.

5. dzondo

dzondo New Member

So, Delba post this today (by delba » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:59 pm):

"tomorrow, thursday top we'll release the 1.4 version of Android."

:eek: :cool: :D Heeeeel YEAH

6. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Sorry guys, we had a couple of problems, we're not able to release android 1.4 today :(

7. dzondo

dzondo New Member

:( Hope it will be just a few little bugs :cool:

8. andcmp

andcmp New Member

9. dzondo

dzondo New Member

Its great! :cool: And what about that SATA support? Because I dont see it on release note.