Building Android from Source

Discussion in 'Android' started by udoid, Mar 2, 2014.

1. udoid

udoid New Member

I want to build the Android source for Udoo as provided in the 'Downloads' section but I wondered is there any specific requirements I need to do for Udoo as I notice there are a few extra shell scripts in the root directory of the source tree. Can I just follow the normal Android source build instructions as on source.android.com?

Also what is the recommended GCC/G++ version?

2. jedik

jedik New Member

3. udoid

udoid New Member

Thank you jedik!

4. andcmp

andcmp New Member

you made it?

5. udoid

udoid New Member

Hi andcmp,

The answer is 'yes' and 'no'.

I followed the instructions in the wiki, link provided by jedik, and after a couple of additional packages which I had to install (which incidentally are not listed on android.source.com) I eventually managed to build the sources. I also could not configure uboot prior to compiling it, however I could compile it with 'default' settings. However when I tried to run the image in the emulator, the emulator just 'hangs'.

Because I had problems getting the uboot configuration script to work I've tried to fix the problem I'm experiencing and made this post http://udoo.org/forum/build-boot-compile-comfiguration-problem-t1131.html but so far I haven't been able to resolve the problem.

So yes, I built the sources but could not get it to run in the emulator.

The only other thing is that I am using Ubuntu 12.10 rather than the 'approved' 10.04 which may account for the problems I am experiencing. I could also try doing a 'make clean' and rebuild.

6. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

Hi

Source are "designed" to directly interact with the UDOO hardware. I guess is not possible to run UDOO image into emulator. Ubuntu version is only to guarantee the correct compilation of the image. If you successful arrived to the end of compilation mean the Ubuntu version worked as well.